Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

O365 connector details

bala
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

Can you help on below question for O365 application on-boarding? 

Question 1 : For IIS installation for O365 onboarding, Do I need the Windows servers in Azure Cloud or in on-prem?  In Saviynt documentation there is no specification where we need VM to install IIS, which mislead a lot.

Question 2 : What happens if Client has a vision to migrate to cloud fully if Saviynt says we need to have IIS server to be on on-prem system for O365 onboarding?

Question 3: How the communication happens between Saviynt and O365 apps like Sharepoint Teams and others?  communication will be happening through 

option 1: Saviynt cloud--> Saviynt SC2 --> VM (which has IIS and Saviynt O365) --> O365

option 2: Saviynt cloud-->VM (which has IIS and Saviynt O365) --> O365

We need this details to do IP and Port whitelisting from client side.

Question 4:  we don't need any Data Access Governance license for O365 Integration right.  Incase if we need scan options, we need DAG license right?  

Thanks. 

10 REPLIES 10

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @bala,

We are checking on this and we will keep you posted.

Hi DixshantValecha,

Thanks for the support.  

My below questions are still not captured in Saviynt document or I may be missing also. But I reviewed all forum you have provided here and also I read the docs from Saviynt where they didn't told the below details.  It would be helpful if you just add 1 line answer to the below question. 

We don't have Saviynt PS support for our project. When we go Saviynt ticket they redirect us to Saviynt forum to get clear cut answers, they even promised that in Forum Saviynt employees will always provide binary answers.  

Question 1 : For IIS installation for O365 onboarding, Do I need the Windows servers in Azure Cloud or in on-prem?  In Saviynt documentation there is no specification where we need VM to install IIS, which mislead a lot.

Question 2 : What happens if Client has a vision to migrate to cloud fully if Saviynt says we need to have IIS server to be on on-prem system for O365 onboarding?

Question 3: How the communication happens between Saviynt and O365 apps like Sharepoint Teams and others?  communication will be happening through 

option 1: Saviynt cloud--> Saviynt SC2 --> VM (which has IIS and Saviynt O365) --> O365

option 2: Saviynt cloud-->VM (which has IIS and Saviynt O365) --> O365

We need this details to do IP and Port whitelisting from client side.

Question 4:  we don't need any Data Access Governance license for O365 Integration right.  Incase if we need scan options, we need DAG license right?  

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/o365-connector-integration-documentation/m-p/53294

Even they had same question and there is no answer provided whether Data Access Governance license needed for O365 application Integration. 

Thanks.

Hi @bala.

Details for the Above Requests:

1. IIS Installation for O365 Onboarding:

• The user inquired about IIS installation for O365 onboarding, whether on Azure Cloud or on-premises. Our response:
    •  IIS can be installed on any Windows server meeting the requirements. The choice of installation location (Azure Cloud or on-premises) is at the customer's discretion.
  2. Client’s Cloud Migration Vision:

• Expressed interest in full cloud migration and sought clarity on using Saviynt for O365 onboarding. Our feedback:
      • Saviynt offers a cloud-ready solution for O365 onboarding, accommodating clients aiming for a complete cloud transition.
  3. Communication with O365 Apps:

• Inquired about communication pathways between Saviynt and O365 apps. Our feedback:
      • Communication can happen through either of the following options:
              - Option 1: Saviynt cloud → Saviynt SC2 → VM (which has IIS and Saviynt O365) → O365.
              - Option 2: Saviynt cloud → VM (which has IIS and Saviynt O365) → O365.
              -You can whitelist the IP and port numbers based on the option you choose.
        Please validate and let us know if further details are needed.

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @bala ,

Thanks for the update,I will look into your request and update the respected forum post.

bala
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi DixshantValecha,

Any details or information you have got on the above 4 question with respect to O365?  Thanks. 

nimitdave
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@bala You can get below details with no dependency on DAG license.

AD Group

Service Plan

SKU License

OneDrive Site Collection

Sharepoint Site Collection

Teams Site Collection.

Please let us know what other access details are required from O365?

bala
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Thanks and also let me know in which cases do we need the DAG License?  

Hi @bala,

Thank for the update ,We will check and provide you information on the request.

bala
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response and I acknowledge it and I will accept this as a solution. Thanks again.

Just sharing the info which I got from Saviynt end 2 weeks before, I joined the meeting with Saviynt team on one of the meeting, Based on this same forum ticket they told me for O365 onboarding, it requires 2 way DAG license i.e. DAG license from Microsoft End on o365 and also DAG license from Saviynt end.  Anyways I will ignore this meeting response answer.