Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

MS Office 365 Connector

PRana
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

We are about to begin onboarding of MS Office 365 application. I could not find any information about the management of admin roles in the connector documentation.

• Does account import from O365 connector bring in admin roles assigned to the users?
  • Are we able to assign/revoke admin roles using the connector?

Here's documentation regarding M365 admin roles: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/add-users/about-admin-roles?view=o365-worldwid...

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  1. Account import from O365 connector and admin roles: The primary purpose of the Office 365 connector is to enable authentication and access to Microsoft 365 services from within your application. It typically doesn't handle importing user accounts or their associated admin roles. However, you can use Microsoft Graph API or Microsoft 365 Admin Center to manage user accounts and their roles, including admin roles.

2. Assigning/revoke admin roles using the connector: Admin roles management is typically done through the Microsoft 365 Admin Center or Microsoft Graph API. While connectors can facilitate authentication and access to Microsoft 365 services, they are not typically designed for role management tasks. However, you might be able to build custom solutions using Microsoft Graph API within your application to manage admin roles programmatically.

To manage admin roles in Microsoft 365, you'll typically use the Microsoft 365 Admin Center or utilize Microsoft Graph API for programmatic access. The documentation you've provided offers insights into different admin roles available within Microsoft 365 and how to manage them.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi Rushikesh,

Thanks for the insights. I looked at the Microsoft Graph API. However, I could not find API to manage O365 admin roles. In your experience, have you been able to accomplish it?

Thanks