Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Entra ID / Azure AD - Temporary Access Pass (TAP) creation and distribution

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

Has anyone of you ever tried to create and distribute a Temporary Access Pass (TAP) after the creation of an account to the respective user? 

I imagine that this should be possible pretty easily (thanks to Graph API), but I'm not really sure on how to approach this yet. 

Any idea or help is greatly appreciated 🙂 

5 REPLIES 5

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Murmur , Temporary access pass/TAP is a feature of Azure AD. You can follow the relevant documentation from Microsoft to enable the same. 

Configure a Temporary Access Pass in Microsoft Entra ID to register passwordless authentication meth...

If you have any query specific to Saviynt EIC/IGA, please let us know.

Regards,
Dhruv Sharma
If this reply answered your question, please accept it as Solution to help others who may have a similar problem.

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @Dhruv_S

Thanks for replying!

Let me rephrase it. How could I approach it to forward the TAP, which is received in the HTTP Response, after creating it via Graph API? (Create temporaryAccessPassMethod - Microsoft Graph v1.0 | Microsoft Learn)

Besides that, i hoped to get some experiences how other users implemented that, or similar functions.

Cheers everyone

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Murmur ,

Please refer to the below approach if it works for you.

Temporary Access Pass in Azure AD - Saviynt Forums - 15779

Regards,
Dhruv Sharma
If this reply answered your question, please accept it as Solution to help others who may have a similar problem.

shamail
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @shamail 

As per the below post, TAP is not supported by Azure connector. 

Create and get a Temporary Access Pass in Azure AD - Saviynt Forums - 38459

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma