Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

New Account Password (Beneficiary) Email - user.email does not resolve

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Use case is to send two emails on account creation: account creation email and temporary password.

Both email templates are built similarly, with "to" recipient identified with user.email.  Account creation notification makes it fine but temporary password notification has a blank "to" field.

Templates definition:
flegare_0-1684928633665.png

Account creation email received

flegare_3-1684928897656.png

Temporary password email received:
flegare_2-1684928788351.png

Logs are fairly generous on this topic, we do see the to recipient was not populated but no idea as to why:
"ecm-worker","2023-05-24T11:39:49.007+00:00","2023-05-24T11:39:48.79955269Z stdout F 2023-05-24 11:39:48,799 [quartzScheduler_Worker-3] DEBUG services.ArsTaskService - Sending Email to - [], cc - [REDACTED], bcc - []"

I have no idea as to what I could possibly have messed up... Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Francois

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Does email is triggered ?

try ${user?.email}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

${user.email} actually resolves fine.  Email mechanisms insist on notifying recipients individually.  Nothing to see here, have a nice day 😉

outlook issue?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I don't think so, the logs indicate Saviynt made a conscious decision to send to the "to" and "cc" recipients separately.  In any event, our use case does not plan on cc'ing the password anywhere, this was used for testing demonstration.  As long as the end user receives the password, I am ok.

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

After a little investigation, it turns out Saviynt simply does not sent the password to everyone at once...

Beneficiary was getting the password all along

As long as user received password it should not be issue

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak