Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Need to confirm if Saviynt stores password for accounts anywhere

abhiupadhyay
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Does saviynt store password for accounts somewhere. Like if we have a password policy for not to use last 4 passwords, how does saviynt comply to this policy ? 

If it stores the passwords to manage history, what is the encryption method. 

The temporary password used to "create account" or "change password" .. where is it stored? .. does it get deleted post account creation? 

5 REPLIES 5

SumathiSomala
All-Star
All-Star

Saviynt stores the passwords in the encrypted format using the bcrypt alogorithm.

Refer the below forum threads

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/is-it-possible-to-read-password-of-users-from-savi...

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/password-in-the-connectors-database-rest-how-is-it...

Regards,
Sumathi Somala
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

abhiupadhyay
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@SumathiSomala The articles you shared and I read in other places covers the password for "Service account" used in connector .. and "user credentials" ( local authentication password) ..

No where it gives a clear understanding upon password for accounts on endpoints. My question is primarily for accounts on endpoints. When we create the account, saviynt use a temporary password to create account, does that password get stored in Saviynt? or when we change password for an account ..does that get stored?

In both cases password is stored in arstasks table

rushikeshvartak_0-1699506109233.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

abhiupadhyay
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@rushikeshvartak  

As per my understanding, password stored in arstasks table is Temporary, and should be removed post email notification is sent (notification that is linked with endpoint). 

My question is: does Saviynt store password permanently for application accounts. 

also for the feature of password history in "password policy" .. does saviynt store password .. or it stores hash to compare against the new password. 

Saviynt needs to store password to compare in future but it will be hashed 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.