Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

User Update Rule - ExecuteOn not working as expected

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

I currently face the issue, that the ExecuteOn feature is not applied as expected. 

Setup

I created a test UUR as seen im image a1.png. A rule that should create different tasks with different start dates.

Issue

When I trigger the UUR (via DETECTIVEPROVISIONINGRULESJOB) all tasks are created (see a2.png), and all with the same starttime (see image a3.png).

Do you see anything I'm doing wrong or is it broken? 

Cheers 🙂

15 REPLIES 15

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Trigger action when is not set

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @rushikeshvartak,

That's expected behavior, when "Retrofit rule action for users (Invoke from Detective Job)" is set. Isn't it?

Cheers 🙂 

It is expected.

Was it working in earlier version?

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @dgandhi 

I'd expect so, as this is not a super-weird configuration I'm trying to make here. We are still in an POC / Inital deployment phase, that's why I can't tell - I have not uused the config before. 

That's also why I'm wondering, if I'm doing something wrong here, or if there is an issue with this version. 

Cheers 🙂 

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @rushikeshvartak and hi @dgandhi 

I just read the following sentence in the docs at [1].

"When the rule condition is met and rule is evaluated, future-dated tasks are created for each action with start date = current date + the value selected in the 'Execute On' dropdown. When you run the WSRETRY job, the task is executed and corresponding action such as remove access, disable account, or enable account are taken based on the action selected."

Do I understand it corrently, that no matter for which date a Task is scheduled via Execute On, it gets executed immediately, when I run a WSRetry Job?

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Cheers 

[1] Saviynt Documentation (saviyntcloud.com)

from arstasks 

• taskdate - when task is created
  • startdate - when task should be processed

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @rushikeshvartak,

I'm aware of that (see a a3.png in the initial post). These Tasks were created with the ExecuteOn set to a value >1.

RIght now I'm not able to get any future dated tasks running from a detective User Update Rule.  

It was working in past ? i see you are using v24.1

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Unsure. I just tried implementing it recently and have the same issue on v23.12 as well.

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Murmur,

This is the expected behavior.
So, The task will be created for the same date, as soon as UUR is triggered.

sudeshjaiswal_0-1712731205179.png

But when you run the query in data analyzer, You will see the startdate as mentioned in the user update rule to executeon.

sudeshjaiswal_1-1712731298844.png

and WSRETRY job will pick the task from the STARTDATE from the ARSTASK Table.

Thanks.

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

@sudeshjaiswal - Have you looked at the screenshots of my initial post?

That's exactly the issue, that I hit rigfht now -> The startdate is NOT set correctly. 

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Murmur,

Yes i saw the attached A3. screenshot .
I forget to tell you that I have validated this in version 24.2, and it is functioning as expected.

Thanks.

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

I'm currentl ytesting in 24.3. 
Were you using "Retrofit rule actions for users (Invoke from Detective Job)" to make it a Detective UUR or have you used another trigger? 

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

It seems, that it was all related to the Retrofit setting. It works with other Trigger Actions. 

Thanks everyone for your help!

great

rushikeshvartak_0-1712808815255.png

Please click the 'Accept As Solution' button on the reply (or replies) that best answered your original question.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak