Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Can We use approval workflow in Saviynt User Registration Form

SIRAJMOLLA
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi All,

In Saviynt approval workflow will be assign for new user creation using User Registration Form can it be possible .As per my understanding we can use modification workflow form global configuration for user attribute update using Saviynt User Update form. Please let us know is there any way to use approval workflow in Saviynt for new user identity creation using Saviynt User Registration Form.

With Regards,

Siraj Molla

13 REPLIES 13

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @SIRAJMOLLA ,

Even for user creation, the same "user modification workflow" will be used. 

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

SIRAJMOLLA
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @naveenss ,

As you mentioned we can use the modification workflow for creation of Identity using approval process as well but we tried earlier the same but it is going to admin for approval not manager. But at the time of update it goes to Manager for approval.

Please let us know how this things can be solve.

With Regards,

Siraj Molla

@SIRAJMOLLA  Please share the workflow. 

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

SIRAJMOLLA
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@naveenss ,

Below is the workflow-

SIRAJMOLLA_0-1711453558230.pngSIRAJMOLLA_1-1711453598654.png

Please let me know how these issue can be resolved.

With Regards,

Siraj Molla

Use custom assignment block to get manager value as during new user, user yet to be created in system hence its redirect to admin

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

Can you help me out with the step how to achieve.

With Regards,

Siraj Molla

select userkey from users where FIND_IN_SET(users.'value', (select raa.ATTRIBUTE_VALUE from request_access_attrs raa , ars_requests ar, request_access ra WHERE ra.REQUESTKEY = ar.REQUESTKEY and raa.REQUEST_ACCESS_KEY = ra.REQUEST_ACCESSKEY and raa.ATTRIBUTELABLE= 'manager' and ar.REQUESTKEY = ${ARSREQUEST.id})) !=0 union select manager as userkey from users where userkey = ${user.id} 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

You mean to say I need to use above query in workflow custom assignment block after the creation of workflow we need to use the same in User Modification Workflow from global config.

Please let me know my understanding is correct or not. Below is the screenshot of workflow and setting in Global Config-

SIRAJMOLLA_0-1711536884222.png

SIRAJMOLLA_1-1711536916695.png

With Regards,

Siraj Molla

Yes correct

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

The above query I use in the custom assignment block but still it is going to admin for approval.

With Regards,

Siraj Molla

share logs

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

Please find the attach log file.

With Regards,

Siraj Molla

Run query from data analyzer and validate

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak