Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Servicenow workflow is not working but request is getting processed via saviynt app for servicenow

manishka
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello Team,

In our current setup we have configured the Saviynt app in ServiceNow platform. We intend to use ServiceNow as a front end system where end user will request access, approvals will take place in ServiceNow as well and post final approvals Saviynt will trigger the automated provisioning and ticket will be closed on ServiceNow end. 

I have a question regarding the approval workflow. Is there a way where we can mimic the approval workflow and real time request approval status information on Saviynt end as well?

My assumption is that once end user creates a request on ServiceNow side, a corresponding request number is generated on Saviynt end mapping that ServiceNow ticket number, and after that Saviynt has a limitation where it cant mimic ServiceNow approval information and will only come in picture next, when the approvals have been finished and its time for the automated provisioning.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct or if there is a way to achieve this ?

1 REPLY 1

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @manishka ,

Yes, your understanding is correct. When Servicenow is the workflow engine, the request is raised in servicenow, then a corresponding request in Saviynt is raised.

When the request approvals are done in Servicenow, the request in saviynt depicts the respective request status as per the Servicenow request's approval state.

Could you please elaborate on your ask of mimicking the approval workflow and approval status information on saviynt end??

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi