Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Unlock Account task does not get created for Active Directory endpoint

dmohanty_93
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

We have encountered an issue where the Unlock Account task is not being generated for Active Directory. We have followed the steps of going through ARS > Reset Account Password for Others >  selecting the AD Account for the respective user, choosing 'unlock,' as the option and then submitting it. 

However, instead of creating a 'Unlock Account' task, it generates a 'TaskType - Enable Account' in the pending tasks. There is no such error in logs. I guess the functionality is behaving differently. This has been tested in v23.10 and the latest v24.2 versions and we observe the same behaviour in both versions.

dmohanty_93_0-1708669517684.png

dmohanty_93_1-1708669612559.png

We have already set UNLOCKACCOUNTJSON to below parameter in our AD connection which seems correct(as this has been followed per Saviynt documentation):

{
"lockoutTime": "0"
}

NOTE: The same functionality is working fine when we are following ARS> Request access for others > endpoint select > There we are able to select lock/unlock ( same where we can see enable/disable/newaccount ) as well and tried it. That creates  an unlock account task successfully. 

But our use case is to achive this same functioality through Reset password tile. That means users should have an option to unlock their accounts along with resetting their application password. Can anyone please suggest if this is a defect or is there some additional configuration that I may be missing?

I could see a similar article in Forums where this same problem was discussed but there was no outcome I believe.

Unlock Account task is not getting created for Act... - Saviynt Forums - 52755 

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,

Dhwanit

2 REPLIES 2

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Reset password should create unlock account task instead of enable account . It is defect. Please raise support ticket

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Thanks Rushikesh for the update. I was also thinking the same thing. Let me raise a support case.