Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Workflow - Mail Sending

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

Is there a way, that I do not need to run the email history job to send emails via Workflows? 

I tried disabling the following setting, which has not changed the behaviour noticably: 

Murmur_0-1710509662635.png

Cheers 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

CR
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

it is impossible , all emails will trigger based on Email enginee.

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @CR,

I partially agree to tthat. But why are E-Mails sent via Security Systems (e.g. on Account Creation) or via User Update Rules sent without the need for this Job? 

Is there any documentation about this behavior? 

Is there anything like "instant sending"? I'd like to notify ARS asignees immediately, that they have something new to review and not ever x minutes? Is there any drawback in running that job every minute? 

Cheers and have a good weekend 🙂

Please submit your request of enhancement through idea portal

Never keep email job email job running every minutes it sends duplicate emails and will cause performance issue. 

instant email is good feature request via ideas portal

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

PremMahadikar
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @Murmur ,

There is no precise documentation for the above ask.

For the query 'Is there any drawback in running that job every minute? ' - It is recommended not to schedule it every minute, instead schedule it to run every 5 minutes. Link for article best practices for job management