Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

ServiceNow SNOW App: Can it close birthright tasks created by saviynt? How?

mbh_it
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello Team,

Our customer has following requirements:

1) Approval workflow is at SNOW and the app is disconnected, so they will assign access manually and call api to close this request tasks, which will have request id and request key.

2) Also they have birthright tasks generated by Saviynt, how can they get the task ids from saviynt and close it via Api? OR is it possible to log snow tickets and get status from that and close this birthright tasks? Since snow will already close the tasks as in step#1, would it be advisable to use SNOW tickets to monitor and close or SNOW can close it by task ids?

It would be great if someone can provide inputs.

Thanks

Mahesh

4 REPLIES 4

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @mbh_it ,

Greetings.

Are you using Saviynt app for servicenow for your request process or are you mentioning about servicenow as a managed application?

Can you please elaborate on the flow.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

mbh_it
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @pruthvi_t 

I am using Saviynt app for servicenow for my request process.

Thanks

Mahesh

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@mbh_it ,

As per my understanding, you're looking to close the birthright tasks that are created in saviynt.

With saviynt app for servicenow it is not possible to close the tasks that are created as part of birthright as they're not associated with a request.

The bulk closing of tasks needs to be done on saviynt end and I don't think you'd be able to create servicenow tickets through saviynt for birthright tasks.

Please let me know if my understanding is not accurate and elaborate the business requirement flow .

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

mbh_it
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @pruthvi_t 

May I know why I would not be able to create servicenow tickets for birthright tasks? what is the alternate solution?

Thanks,

Mahesh