Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Global configuration setting for Remove access tasks

Saviynt_Savvy
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I have 2 Technical Rules, where the checkbox "Remove Birthright access if condition fails" is enabled for both.

Technical Rule ABC contains the entitlements A, B, C.
Technical Rule BCD contains the entitlements B, C, D.

I have triggered the Technical Rule ABC and assigned the Entitlements A, B and C to a user account.
Now, if I trigger the Technical Rule BCD, as the account already have the Entitlements B,C assigned through Technical Rule ABC, the only tasks that should generate are:

Add Access - Entitlement D
Remove Access - Entitlement A.

But, I see the pending tasks generated are

Remove Access - Entitlement A.
Remove Access - Entitlement B.
Remove Access - Entitlement C.

Add Access - Entitlement B.
Add Access - Entitlement C.
Add Access - Entitlement D.

When I run the provisioning job all the pending tasks are completed and changed the STATUS as Completed. But, the status is changed to "No Action Required" for the tasks,
Remove Access - Entitlement B.
Remove Access - Entitlement C.

Is there any Global Configuration setting or Endpoint setting that should I configure to not to generate these Remove Access tasks.

Thanks & Regards,
Saviynt Savvy.

3 REPLIES 3

NM
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @Saviynt_Savvy , this seems to be an expected behaviour, once technical rule condition fails it will create remove access for all, i don't think there is any config to not create the task it will automatically be handled by saviynt.

What message do you see for "no action required" task?

Saviynt_Savvy
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @NM ,
Thanks for the reply.
The message I see for the "No Action Required" is "Add Access Task for the same access in the same account with greater startdate is present - refer “320”, so no action is required for this task".

Thanks & Regards,
Savyint Savvy

This is expected behaviour

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.