PARTNERS - Please join us for our upcoming webinar:
Leveraging Intelligent Recommendations for Operational Transformation.
AMS Partners Click HERE | EMEA/APJ Click HERE

Workflow in Entitlement Type not getting triggered

varunpuri
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I am requesting for Entitlements of a particular Entitlement Type from ARS. For this Entitlement Type, I have attached a workflow also in the Entitlement Type details, as shown in the snapshot below :

varunpuri_0-1700139333242.png

When I place a request for the Entitlement, the Auto Approval workflow which I have attached att the Security System level gets triggered instead. 

varunpuri_1-1700139436017.png

How can I get the workflow present at Entitlement Type get triggered.

Bes Regards,
Varun

7 REPLIES 7

SumathiSomala
All-Star
All-Star

@varunpuri workflow configuration in entitlement type details page is used for Group management.

Example. Ad aad, unix group creation

For add, remove, new account, modify account, disable/enable/remove account request follows the workflow which is attached at security system level not at entitlement type level. 

Regards,
Sumathi Somala

If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

nimitdave
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@varunpuri , its expected behavior. The entitlement type workflow is for creating/modifying the entitlements of that type. The security system workflow is for Request Access.

varunpuri
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank You, @SumathiSomala , @nimitdave 

Then how can I achieve this use case :

A particular endpoint has 3 different entitlement types , and from ARS, entitlements from those 3 entitlement types have been requested.
Requirement is :

1. Workflow should ensure that approvals are sought from 3 separate approvers, each signifying an owner of the entitlement type.

2. Add Access tasks should only get generated for those entitlements whose entitlement type owners have provided their approval.

Best Regards,
Varun

@varunpuri : You need to handle that logic in WorkFlow you have assigned at Security System level using if-else block and evaluate the request was submitted for what type of entitlement and then route the approvals accordingly. For that you use can use entitlement object.

Try something like this in if-else block to evaluate the entitlement type, I have used entitlement object to get other details but never personally used to get entitlement type value but give it a try and let me know if that doesn't work

entitlement.entitlementtypekey or entitlement.entitlementtypekey.id

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

@varunpuri : If you want to compare with key of entitlement type use this condition entitlement.entitlementtypekey but in case if you want to compare with name of entitlement type then follow the condition mentioned by Rushi

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

entitlement.entitlementtypekey.entitlementname.equals('sample_string') eq true

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter12-Workflows/Workflow-Compon...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

varunpuri
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank You, @rushikeshvartak and @Saathvik 

I'll try these options suggested by you. Meanwhile, will be very helpful, if you can also have a look at this thread on which I havent received any response thus far - https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/fetching-task-information-via-dynamic-attributes/t...

This thread also relates to the work I am doing around the entitlement types for which you just responded.

Best Regards,
Varun