Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Unable to close Pending Task as Parent task closed automatically

sarasaeed
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I am unable to close 3 Pending Task (Add Access) as the Parent task automatically closed due to no action required or was discontinued. 

The error I get is, "Child task cannot be completed before parent task. Please complete parent task first or include child task along with parent task while completing parent task." However parent task is already in the completed tasks list.

Will I need to reopen the discontinued task to close the child tasks?

For the task that completed with status as no action required, there is no option to reopen the task. Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Can you execute custom query job to bring back the task to open and then process your other child task?

update arstasks set status=1 where taskkey='597374';

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

There must be some tasks in Open State. validate using below query.

select SUBSTRING_INDEX(AR.JBPMPROCESSINSTANCEID, '.', - 1)requestid,taskkey  from arstasks t, ars_requests ar where t.requestkey=ar.requestkey and SUBSTRING_INDEX(AR.JBPMPROCESSINSTANCEID, '.', - 1) in ('1660411')

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @sarasaeed ,

Reopen the parent task using below custom query and run the provisioning job again.

update arstasks set status=1,PROVISIONINGTRIES=0,PROVISIONINGCOMMENTS=null where taskkey=XXX;

Provide your parent task key which is in completed state 

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂