Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

trigger email notifications for admins/birthright access disconnected application

thesvg
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Is there a mechanism available to prompt email notifications to administrators for processing requests related to birthright access for disconnected applications? The tasks should be initiated automatically, and once the emails are dispatched, the status should transition to complete.

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can use task created email notification at endpoint level in email template use below condition.

<%if (requestid == 'AutoGenerated' ) print "" else print "rvartak@saviynt.com" %>

For disconnected application task will not be completed automatically

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

1. thank you i will try that

2. For disconnected application task will not be completed automatically - is this a saviynt limitation? do you have some reference to it that I can take back? if so how can the task be closed? can we not automate task completion once emails are triggered?

2. For disconnected application task will not be completed automatically -

is this a saviynt limitation? --> If you use service desk connection (Remedy/SNOW) this will be completed once action has been completed in ticketing tool

do you have some reference to it that I can take back? if so how can the task be closed?

--> Either manually needs to be closed once action has been taken in target system or by implementing ticketing system

can we not automate task completion once emails are triggered? - Once task completed email will be sent 

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/provisioning-deprovisioning-options-for-disconnect...

a follow up, the request ID will be autogenerated, if its birthright, right? Yes 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

a follow up, the request ID will be autogenerated, if its birthright, right?

hi a follow up again. I tried email template route from end point, however, no email is getting triggered to the admin or whomever it needs to go to.. Template is triggred when access requested via ARS, but not when its assigned via birthright, what could be the reason?

Do you see any error in logs please share logs

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

thesvg
New Contributor III
New Contributor III