Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Role Approval Workflow

ewalton
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello, 

Can Enterprise Roles have independent workflows attached to them or do all roles have to use a single "Role Add Workflow" in the global configurations? I am a scenario in which a role request should go to a custom group or user vs. a manager. Can this be configured? Thank you in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Can Enterprise Roles have independent workflows attached to them  --> NO
  • Can Enterprise Roles have independent workflows attached to them  --> Yes
  •  I am a scenario in which a role request should go to a custom group or user vs. a manager. ---> Yes

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Thank you for your response. I am confused by the first 2 bullet points as they are both yes and no. How do you assign a custom workflow to a role? Thanks!

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @ewalton 

Role workflows are defined in global configuration-> Roles->Roles Add Workflow and Roles Remove Workflow

The workflow selected in the global configuration is applicable to all types of role requests. This will be applicable to enterprise role too.

For more details related to role requests configuration you can refer below links.

Configuring Roles (saviyntcloud.com)

Configuring Role Requests (saviyntcloud.com)

Regarding your question regarding the custom assignment, you can configure that in the workflow and attach that workflow to role access /role remove workflow in global configuration.

Regards,
Dhruv Sharma
If this reply answered your question, please accept it as Solution to help others who may have a similar problem.

ewalton
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the explanation and guidance. I greatly appreciate your help!

Saviynt_learner
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

But can we have separate workflow for role, in each application?

if no then how to filter role request from others in normal workflow .

Hi @Saviynt_learner 

But can we have separate workflow for role, in each application? --> NO

if no then how to filter role request from others in normal workflow - Please refer below. Clarify your use case if it doesn't answer your question.

If you want to filter out who can request Roles in Access Request, you can use Request Roles query in Global configuration->Role Request->Request Roles query.

If you want to differentiate between the workflow of access requests and role requests, it is differentiated as below.

1. Security System- Add Access Workflow --> For Add Access requests.

2. Global configuration--> Roles-->Roles Add workflow --> For Add Access requests.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

If this reply answered your question, please accept it as Solution to help others who may have a similar problem.