Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to Off-board Users Based on Their TimeZone?

Sivagami
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Team,

I have a scenario where I have to offboard users from all the applications they had access to based on their timezones. Let's say I'm importing details from the source of truth and it has a list of all users who are getting terminated for the day. Currently from the update rule that we have, it creates tasks instantly for all users who are terminated and they get executed in the next wsretry run (or) gets executed instantly if instant provisioning is enabled.

How do I make sure termination gets executed based on the user's timezone?

Thanks,
Siva

10 REPLIES 10

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

If we can store user's timezone in customproperty & use advanced query option in update rule

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

prajakta
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Siva,

Did you implement time zone based offboarding in Saviynt? We also have similar client requirement. Can you please provide some more insights on the configurations done in Saviynt. 

Thanks in advance ! 

Prajakta

ejeong
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

let's assume users are imported from Workday or HRIS

You could make two terminated user import (US / NON-US - filter is applied on Workday RaaS or API level) and run this import job in different time. you can consider this option if user is imported from HRIS. 

prajakta
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply.

The offboarding should happen based on the timezone of the user. The employees are widely spread across 10 timezones. How to configure offboarding based on the user's respective time zone's end of working hrs. 

MarkHancock
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

In the past I have used the Saviynt for Saviynt (SfS) connector on a user import. The SQL query sets a 'Leaver' flag based on the user's country and end date. (The query contains a case statement, with a condition for each country.) A user update rule then picks up this flag has been set, and offboards the user.

A similar method is to have the same logic in the pre-processor of your HR connector (if all your users come from a HR source.)

The big disadvantage of these methods is the connectors needs to run regularly with a full user import, which if you have a lot of users might not be feasible. So, I'm looking for a better way of doing this.

prajakta
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Absolutely right. In terms of periodic execution, what would be the efficient way to handle this.

Also, how to efficiently identify the exact time on the end date w.r.t user time zone. Have you added all countries/timezones in the SQL query ? If not then in case of addition of new country, it will involve manual intervention to add country in SQL. 

use LOCALE from users table

select LOCALE from users

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Can you please elaborate. I am not clear how to leverage Locale

It is user localization i.e. language set by user to view own profile once logged in

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

I think there is some disconnect. The requirement is about triggering offboarding of user based on user's timezone.