Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Duplicate users detection during user import

ray
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello all,

I have workday source of truth. i am only reading from workday (it is a one way connection). I have imported all the users for now.

I want to place a detection on newly imported users to detect the duplicates and block the user creation until i choose either to merge or create the new identity.

For now i did this configuration for test purpose : 

Is it enough or there is something else i should add please?

ray_0-1708093131411.png

ray_1-1708093159558.png

5 REPLIES 5

adarshk
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Yes, DIM should help you tackle duplicate entries.

Please refer the documentation here:
https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter08-Advanced-Administrator/Du...

ray
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

in the case i am creating users from the user create form and not imported from source of truth.

Will the DIM prevent the new user from being created until i decide to merge or not?

i did the test but it didn't work. Is there another way to do it or we simply can't ?

It will not prevent from creating new user

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Amit_Malik
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hi @ray ,

I want to place a detection on newly imported users to detect the duplicates and block the user creation until i choose either to merge or create the new identity.

Detection is possible but blocking the user creation , I doubt is possible.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter08-Advanced-Administrator/Du...

Kind Regards,
Amit Malik
If this helped you move forward, please click on the "Kudos" button.
If this answers your query, please select "Accept As Solution".

ray
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

hello @rushikeshvartak @Amit_Malik @adarshk ,

Do you know if it is possible to change the labels of the customproperty attributes at this level?

in the Merge Duplicates in the Identity duplicate management?

ray_1-1709225461777.png

Regards,

Ray