Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Distribution List not getting email assigned in AD

LeeEG
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Everything is setup for the connection and I can create distribution groups in AD. However, when those groups are created an email is never assigned. Any help or info? I've seen people saying to modify the create.gsp file. If that's the solution does anyone have an example of how to add in the required code to generate the email address.

6 REPLIES 6

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @LeeEG ,

Greetings.

So are you passing any parameter or anything in your connection to create an email for distribution list?

Also can you please provide the post you're referring to on modification of gsp pages to achieve this.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

LeeEG
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Currently there isn't a field or parameter for adding an email specifically, and I'm not sure where to modify the gsp file.

Here's the link to the other post:

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/set-email-for-a-active-directory-distribution-grou...

Did you changed gsp page ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @LeeEG 

You can modify the create.gsp file and add a new field to save it in custom property and you can use that to manage as email.

Thanks

Darshan

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@Darshanjain is there any reference article to refer?

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

Hi @Manu269 @LeeEG 

Please find the article which will help you on the gsp customization examples 

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/supported-extensions/tpag-guidance-on-gsp-customization/ta-p/50446

This is majorly for createuser.gsp but the same can be applied to create.gsp as how you can add a new field, Also can you check what is the logic you are thinking to use for email generation logic.

Thanks

Darshan