Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Workflow for Emergency access Roles

deepa
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have the below requirement on access request

1. Provide immediate access to users for a specific period of time

I was thinking about Emergency Roles, I created an emergency role and was able to add and revoke access for a specific period of time.

2. Auto approve if they are members of  specific Group

I was trying to create a workflow with dynamic attributes and use it in Role Request. But dynamic attributes in Emergency Role that is under Admin Configuration->Role Request does not have the option to add single query or hide. How can this be achieved?

If Emergency Role is not the way to go, do you have any other recommendation on how to achieve the above requirement?

4 REPLIES 4

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @deepa 

Could you please provide more details/query on how you are planning to achieve it using dynamic attributes of emergency role.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

deepa
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @Dhruv_S ,

I was looking at this article and trying to see if i can follow the same for emergency role request.

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/workflow-check-if-user-has-entitlement-a-only-then...

I am trying to see if the request can be restricted to only

1. if the request comes from an user like user A

2. And if it is requested for only certain entitlements like entitlements that has "Admin" in it

Is it possible to use if-else condition in request workflow? If yes what could be my condition?

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @deepa 

Please refer to the below posts which might help you with the requirement.

Solved: Workflow on a per-Entitlement basis - Saviynt Forums - 61465

using usergroup in if-else condition in workflows - Saviynt Forums - 37859

Also please check if binding variables you want to use for the workflow from the documentation.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

deepa
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I followed a different approach for implementing the above requirement. I created a new endpoint and enabled Entitlement start Date and end date for providing emergency access and set the workflow to auto approval for that endpoint