Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Hidden Dynamic attribute in workflow

deepa
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I followed the below steps to create a dynamic attribute and use it in workflow but i am getting an error while submitting the request

Use-Case: Approve/reject the request based on the entitlements the user has.

• Navigate to Global Config and enable the below config -

deepa_0-1706915125145.png

• Create a dynamic attribute at the endpoint level as below:

Attribute Name - Test

Request Type - Account

Attribute Type - Single Select From SQL Query

Value -

SELECT      u.username AS 'ID' FROM     users u         JOIN     user_accounts ua ON u.userkey = ua.userkey         JOIN     accounts a ON a.accountkey = ua.accountkey         JOIN     account_entitlements1 ae ON ae.accountkey = a.accountkey         JOIN     entitlement_values ev ON ev.entitlement_valuekey = ae.entitlement_valuekey         JOIN     endpoints e ON e.endpointKey = a.endpointKey         JOIN     securitysystems ss ON ss.systemkey = e.securitysystemkey WHERE     ae.entitlement_valuekey = 167066         AND u.userkey = ${requestee};

Default Value -

SELECT      u.username AS 'ID' FROM     users u         JOIN     user_accounts ua ON u.userkey = ua.userkey         JOIN     accounts a ON a.accountkey = ua.accountkey         JOIN     account_entitlements1 ae ON ae.accountkey = a.accountkey         JOIN     entitlement_values ev ON ev.entitlement_valuekey = ae.entitlement_valuekey         JOIN     endpoints e ON e.endpointKey = a.endpointKey         JOIN     securitysystems ss ON ss.systemkey = e.securitysystemkey WHERE     ae.entitlement_valuekey = 167066         AND u.userkey = ${requestee};

Please update the entitlement value key that you are using in the above query.

${requestee} - is the user for which we are submitting the request.

Please check the below boxes as shown in the screenshot.

deepa_1-1706915125196.png

• Create a workflow as below of the Type Parallel.

deepa_2-1706915125273.png

• Syntax used above in if-else call -

dynamicAttributes.get('Forum1') ne null​

• Forum1 is the dynamic attribute that we are calling. If the result of Forum1 results in null(Based on the query used), then the request will be rejected otherwise it will be approved.
  • Please allow sometime for the changes to take place before you submit the request to test your use case.

In my case I named the attribute name 'pooluser'

deepa_3-1706916194489.png

2 REPLIES 2

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Wf screenshot says Forum1 attribute name
  • dynamic attribute name Test
  • En says pooluser.

can you confirm actual name / provide screenshot 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

My query was wrong. After fixing the query, it worked.