Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Technical Rules based on dynamic conditions

mbh_it
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello Team,

I want to dynamically assign birthright rules. I went through documentation and found that we can add with ${departmentname} etc, but I have name which I dont want to match like below:

MainRole_DeptNO_Title

Here MainRole is name of role which will vary and it cant match with any user attribute, can I use wild card here ? 

will match rest i.e MainRole_${DeptNO}_${Title} will be the way I am looking to match enterprise roles for birthright assignments, kindly let me know , share a sample how I can achieve this?

Thanks

Mahesh

5 REPLIES 5

PremMahadikar
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @mbh_it ,

Hope the below help,

• Provisioning Enterprise Role based on Dynamic Values

This scenario provides details about assigning an enterprise role to a user based on the dynamic value of 'City' to which the user belongs. For example, let’s assume there are three cities such as: 'LA', 'SFO' and 'Bangalore'. Analogous to these cities, there are three Enterprise Roles defined specifically for each of these 3 cities such as: 'LAFinance', 'SFOFinance', and 'BloreFinance' respectively already available under Roles list page. Now, based on the user's city, which can be 'LA', 'SFO' or 'Bangalore', you want to assign the respective Enterprise Role: 'LAFinance', 'SFOFinanace', and 'BangaloreFinance' to user when a user is created or updated in EIC. To achieve this, define the following parameters in the technical rule:

• Condition:
      • Object: Users
      • Attribute: City
      • Condition: Not Equals
      • Value: null
    • Action
      • Object Type: Enterprise Roles
      • Object: ${user.city}Finance
      • Attribute: Assign

Important attributes defined here are Object Type, which is Enterprise Roles and the Object: which dynamically defines the characters of city using the query, ${user.city}Finance. When a user's city is not null and based on value of user’s city such as 'LA', SFO', or 'Bangalore', respective enterprise role is assigned to the user 'LAFinance', 'SFOFinanace', and 'BangaloreFinance'. User belonging to LA city for example, is assigned the role 'LAFinance'. Once the tasks are created and are completed for all the entitlements belonging to the Enterprise Role, the respective Enterprise Role is provisioned to the user.

condition_1200x500.png

If this answers your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Does MainRole  is fixed keyword ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

mbh_it
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @rushikeshvartak 

@PremMahadikar The challenge is as below, the example you shared is having a value Finance which is static in rolename, but my rolename first word, MainRole is not static like finance. Can we use wild card match like %*%?

Thanks for your response appreciate your help.

Mainrole is not fixed, its a name of role given by client and it varies, so it cant be static and there is not match with any user attribute for Mainrole , so MainRole is not equal to any attribute, I would say I want to use wildcard match. I have to keep that name in role name as with Mainrole Name client identifies it and client will see it in dropdown request on snow side saviynt serviceNow app.

Thanks

Mahesh

Mainrole needs to be static you need to go with multiple rules

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

PremMahadikar
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@mbh_it ,

For role, I don't think we can use wildcard.

In documentation, only for entitlement assignment we can use wild card like SAVCUSTOMQUERY::ev.entitlement_value like '%${user.departmentname}' 

Not sure if this works, can you try the same for role and let us know? 

• Object Type: Enterprise Role
  • Object: SAVCUSTOMQUERY::ev.entitlement_value like '%_${user.departmentname}_${user.title}'

If the above can't be achieved. Static value is the only option to achieve it using single rule.

Syntax: <Static_part_of_the_role_name>${user.<dynamic_part_of_the_role_name>}