Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

technical rule with duplicate entitlement names

New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

Two entitlements have the same name, one is active and the other is inactive. We created a technical rule and only one entitlement appeared at the time of selection. However, when it executes it picks the inactive entitlement. Upon checking the hanaruletribute table and entitlements are saved with entitlement names, I noticed Savity is searching with entitlement names and using the first entry it finds. I believe this is what's causing the problem. Wouldn't it be better to save with entitlement ID or exclude inactive entitlements?

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Rename inactive entitlement. 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

New Contributor III
New Contributor III

its obvious! However its not the right thing to do. This is bug.  

Saviynt Team could you please confirm.

I agree you can raise support ticket for potential bug

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

I believe it goes with the entitlement valuekey (in ascending order) We have seen this issue in past for SOD where in SOD saviynt was picking entitlement valuekey of lower order (for duplicate one) and this was a bug.

To resolve this you will have to rename the duplicate entitlement and side by side raise a bug with product team.

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

New Contributor III
New Contributor III

kindly check the table hanaruletribute its storing with name. However its not only about duplicate also status.

@saviynt team kindly confirm, accordingly will create the ticket

You need to raise support ticket to consider as defect. we have similar Issue with createTask API considering inactive Entitlement which has been fixed in latest version

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Ticket is created. Will update the post accordingly