Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Show rejected entitlement in the email template in case of partial approvals.

dgoje
New Contributor
New Contributor

We have a requirement to show rejected entitlement in the email template in case of partial approvals.

For instance, when a user submits a request for 5 entitlements, and out of those, 2 are approved while 3 are rejected, only one email about the approved entitlements is being sent. There's no email being sent about the three rejected entitlements, even when there's a transition in the workflow along with an attached email-template.

So, we are looking for a way where we can see 2 approved and 3 rejected entitlements in the same email-template or different email-templates. Could you please help with this?

Attaching the workflow for reference. 

dgoje_1-1707145635165.png

10 REPLIES 10

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

use below variable 

Entitlements rejected - ${entitlementshtmltablerows}

To get what variables are present to use in the email template, check using the below expression. By putting it in the email body, it will print all variable names with values, and then accordingly, you can use it:

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "" + "br" + ">"}}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

prasannta
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @dgoje 

Please refer below documentation for configuring rejection emails:

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter06-EIC-Configurations/Creati...

Check section -> Configuring Request Rejection Notification Email

Please try out the variables listed in that section and let us know if it works as expected or not.

Thanks

dgoje
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

As suggested, I tried using the Access Approval node in the workflow, but the issue still persists. Specifically, emails are only sent for approved entitlements, while no emails are sent for rejected entitlements.

Note: I tested this with different entitlement owners, but the outcome remained the same.

Thanks! 

Can you share result of code share above 

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "" + "br" + ">"}}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi Rushikesh, 

Please find the attachment below. Thanks.

dgoje_0-1707316116752.png

Can you paste as text . Also confirm which entitlement was rejected

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

dgoje
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Rushikesh,

I believe there's a disconnect.

When I use the binding variable (${entitlementshtmltablerows}) in the workflow node activity grant access (see the workflow above for reference), I'm only getting the entitlements which are approved. That's the issue I'm facing; I'm unable to fetch rejected entitlements in the workflow node activity grant access.  

And also, the workflow doesn't seem to enter the workflow node activity reject access, hence I'm unable to send the attached email template or retrieve the rejected entitlements.

To demonstrate my point, I've requested 4 entitlements, approved 2, and rejected 2.

Entitlement

Status

Carrier Audit

Approved

Claims Audit

Approved

Compliance  

Rejected

MGU Claims

Rejected

And I'm sending you in text the email template attached for the workflow node activity grant access. Just a reminder in case of partial approval the workflow doesn't seem to enter the workflow node activity reject access.  

ADName = testadmin.newhire1br> entitlements = [Carrier Audit - Carrier Audit, Claims Audit - Claims Audit]br> jbpm_activity_name = Grantbr> allApproversComments = br> ManagerName = account, Testingadmin2br> fullrowhtmltablerows = br> listofallrolesinrequest = []br> approvedEntitlementsOwners = [90348, 90567]br> entitlementshtmltablerowsv2 = IMS Carrier Audit [StartDate-(07 Feb 2024 17:39)UTC Carrier Audit IMS Claims Audit [StartDate-(07 Feb 2024 17:39)UTC Claims Audit br> entitlementshtmltablerowsv3 = IMS Carrier Audit [StartDate-(07 Feb 2024 17:39)UTC Carrier Audit IMS Claims Audit [StartDate-(07 Feb 2024 17:39)UTC Claims Audit br> AgentId = br> requestlink = null/jbpmworkflowmanagement/showrequestdetails/IMS_WorkFlow.4711685?reqid=2983br> allRejectorsComments = br> SegmentName = Corp Initiativesbr> rolesApprovedOrRejected = []br> rolename = br> request_access = com.saviynt.ecm.workflow.Request_Access : 6763br> users = 90574br> InstanceName = br> allRejectors = []br> task = com.saviynt.ecm.task.ArsTasks : 32133br> SegmentCode = 171013br> requestid = 4711685br> rolemap = [:]br> baseUrlForEmail = https://e.saviyntcloud.com/ECMbr> assignee = 90348br> activityname = Grantbr> request = com.saviynt.ecm.workflow.ARS_Requests : 2983br> exceptionCount = 0br> fullhtmlassignedrows = br> requestkey = 4711685br> rejectedEntitlementsOwners = []br> roles = nullbr> rejectedByMap = [:]br> CitrixRequired = Yesbr> out = java.io.PrintWriter@1f8cd879br> assigneemanager = 008655br> endpoint = IMSbr> requesttype = New Accountbr> dynamicAttrsList = []br> approvallink = null/jbpmworkflowmanagement/showrequestdetails/IMS_WorkFlow.4711685br> REQUESTORIGIN = ECMV6br> allrolesinrequest = br> email = br> endpoints = (IMS)br> entitlementshtmltablerows = IMS Carrier Audit Carrier Audit IMS Claims Audit Claims Audit br> rolesshtmltablerows = br> manager = 90567br> approvedByMap = [com.saviynt.ecm.workflow.Request_Access : 6763:[90348, 90567], com.saviynt.ecm.workflow.Request_Access : 6764:[90348, 90567]]br> ACCOUNTNAME = testadmin.newhire1br> entitlement_values = [Carrier Audit, Claims Audit]br> allApprovers = [90348, 90567]br> requestor = 90572br> ADEmailAddress = testadmin.newhire1@ryansg.combr> ENDPOINT = 14br> accounts = []br> user = 90574br> curExecutionId = IMS_WorkFlow.4711685br> accessItems = [com.saviynt.ecm.workflow.Request_Access : 6763, com.saviynt.ecm.workflow.Request_Access : 6764]br> Hi testadmin,

This is to confirm that the access request (details are below) raised for you has been approved. A ticket has been assigned to the appropriate application team to finalize the requested access.

The request details are as below:

Application : IMS

Request ID : 4711685
Request submitted for: newhire1, testadmin
Request Type : New Account Access

Approved By (username): [90348, 90567]
Approved By (display name): Goje, Deepika (Contractor) ; account, Testingadmin2

Approved Entitlements:

Endpoint

Entitlement

IMS

Carrier Audit

IMS

Claims Audit

Rejected Entitlements:

Endpoint

Entitlement

IMS

Carrier Audit

IMS

Claims Audit

[ADName:testadmin.newhire1, entitlements:[Carrier Audit - Carrier Audit, Claims Audit - Claims Audit], jbpm_activity_name:Grant, allApproversComments:, ManagerName:account, Testingadmin2, fullrowhtmltablerows:, listofallrolesinrequest:[], approvedEntitlementsOwners:[90348, 90567], entitlementshtmltablerowsv2: IMS Carrier Audit [StartDate-(07 Feb 2024 17:39)UTC Carrier Audit IMS Claims Audit [StartDate-(07 Feb 2024 17:39)UTC Claims Audit , entitlementshtmltablerowsv3: IMS Carrier Audit [StartDate-(07 Feb 2024 17:39)UTC Carrier Audit IMS Claims Audit [StartDate-(07 Feb 2024 17:39)UTC Claims Audit , AgentId:, requestlink:null/jbpmworkflowmanagement/showrequestdetails/IMS_WorkFlow.4711685?reqid=2983, allRejectorsComments:, SegmentName:Corp Initiatives, rolesApprovedOrRejected:[], rolename:, request_access:com.saviynt.ecm.workflow.Request_Access : 6763, users:90574, InstanceName:, allRejectors:[], task:com.saviynt.ecm.task.ArsTasks : 32133, SegmentCode:171013, requestid:4711685, rolemap:[:], baseUrlForEmail:https://e.saviyntcloud.com/ECM, assignee:90348, activityname:Grant, request:com.saviynt.ecm.workflow.ARS_Requests : 2983, exceptionCount:0, fullhtmlassignedrows:, requestkey:4711685, rejectedEntitlementsOwners:[], roles:null, rejectedByMap:[:], CitrixRequired:Yes, out:java.io.PrintWriter@1f8cd879, assigneemanager:008655, endpoint:IMS, requesttype:New Account, dynamicAttrsList:[], approvallink:null/jbpmworkflowmanagement/showrequestdetails/IMS_WorkFlow.4711685, REQUESTORIGIN:ECMV6, allrolesinrequest:, email:, endpoints:(IMS), entitlementshtmltablerows: IMS Carrier Audit Carrier Audit IMS Claims Audit Claims Audit , rolesshtmltablerows:, manager:90567, approvedByMap:[com.saviynt.ecm.workflow.Request_Access : 6763:[90348, 90567], com.saviynt.ecm.workflow.Request_Access : 6764:[90348, 90567]], ACCOUNTNAME:testadmin.newhire1, entitlement_values:[Carrier Audit, Claims Audit], allApprovers:[90348, 90567], requestor:90572, ADEmailAddress:testadmin.newhire1@ryansg.com, ENDPOINT:14, accounts:[], user:90574, curExecutionId:IMS_WorkFlow.4711685, accessItems:[com.saviynt.ecm.workflow.Request_Access : 6763, com.saviynt.ecm.workflow.Request_Access : 6764]]

Please let me know if you need further clarification.

Thanks!

Rejected Entitlement will be available in Rejected block on workflow 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi Rushikesh,

As clearly mentioned above, in the case of partial approval, the workflow doesn't seem to enter the block activity reject access. Hence, I'm unable to send the attached email template or retrieve the rejected entitlements.

Thanks!

If you are using serial workflow then use parallel workflow

I have tested on parallel workflow and its working as expected.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak