Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Problems building Ownership Transfer email template

MRitchie
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I am trying to build an email template to use with Ownership Transfer that will tell the new owner all the items that were transferred to them.  It appears though that this information is not accessible when generating the email template, all that I can get are entitlements and service accounts and those don't even have enough information to generate an accurate email.

What I mean by not enough information is that the lists provided can't be used to determine the mapping between the endpoints and the entitlements/service accounts transferred.  If the endpoint list contains 2 endpoints [end1, end2] and the entitlement list contains 4 [ent1,ent2,ent3,ent4] I have no way to know if that is 2 entitlements on each endpoint or 3 on 1 and 1 on the other.

I have up voted ideas https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-4241 and https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-3874 which are for similar things but wanted to see if anyone has suggestions or could also up vote the ideas.

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

This is known limitation and until idea tickets gets implemented we need to wait.

Alternative workaround use analytics report. 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Can you please elaborate on using the analytics reporting for this?

I have been looking around and I don't see anything that would show historical ownership or membership that could be used to determine which changes took place because of this event.  You could loosely try and couple the user termination and their owner on transfer with any updates in the same time period where the current owner is the owner on transfer but there are many ways that wouldn't be accurate.

So if you have any workarounds you have implemented and are willing to share I would appreciate it.

• During change of ownership - update today's date on user's CP
  • based on today's date find out who are owners got transferred.
  • Then using owner on terminate find out new owner 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.