Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Set Manager during Import

Murmur
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi everyone, 

Is it possible to set the Manager of a User during the import? 

I just tried to achieve this using the MODIFYUSERDATAJSON field with the following JSON. 

{
  "ADDITIONALTABLES": {},
  "COMPUTEDCOLUMNS": [
    "Manager"
  ],
  "PREPROCESSQUERIES": ["UPDATE NEWUSERDATA n SET n.manager = 728"]
}

I believe this should set the MANAGER attribute of the new user to 728 (bigint) which is the USERKEY of the user I want to set as manager (this is just a test setup). 

Unfortunately, this only sets the OWNER of the user and does not touch the MANAGER attribute. 

Does anyone of you know either what I'm doing wrong or knows another approach to properly set the MANAGER attribute of a user during import? 

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

Saathvik
All-Star
All-Star

@Murmur : Use below and see if that works

UPDATE NEWUSERDATA n SET n.OWNER= '<Manager UserName>'

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Murmur ,

If you are getting username of manager from authoritative source then map that to owner field on user profile while importing the user. It will automatically assign that user as manager in manager field. You don’t even need to use pre processor quests for that.

let me know if any issues.

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply helps your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos 🙂