Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

RolesImport for DB Connector

Mortal
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi

Currently, I am working on DB Connector and for that I was successful in importing entitlements and accounts in to the EIC but for some reasons roles are not getting imported. I also run the Roles Import (Complete) from Database  Job and the job was success but the response was failure. Here is the xml query that I am using :

<dataMapping>
<sql-query description="This is the Source DB Query" uniquecolumnsascommaseparated="role_name">
<![CDATA[select role_name,description,displayname,sox_critical,sys_critical,roletype,status from roles]]>
</sql-query>
<mapper description="This is the mapping field for Saviynt Field name">
<mapfield saviyntproperty="roles.role_name" sourceproperty="role_name" type="character"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="roles.description" sourceproperty="description" type="character"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="roles.displayname" sourceproperty="displayname" type="character"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="role.sox_critical" sourceproperty="sox_critical" type="character"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="roles.sys_critical" sourceproperty="sys_critical" type="character"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="roles.roletype" sourceproperty="roletype" type="number"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="roles.status" sourceproperty="status" type="number"></mapfield>
</mapper>
</dataMapping>

Please check this query and let me know if I need to modify it.

[This message has been edited by moderator to disable hyperlink]

7 REPLIES 7

Mortal
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hii,

Can someone please help me with Role Import task?

Thanks

<dataMapping>
<sql-query description="This is the Source DB Query" uniquecolumnsascommaseparated="role_name">
<![CDATA[select role_name,description,displayname,sox_critical,sys_critical,roletype,status from roles]]>
</sql-query>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="role_name" sourceproperty="role_name" type="character"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="description" sourceproperty="description" type="character"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="displayname" sourceproperty="displayname" type="character"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="sox_critical" sourceproperty="sox_critical" type="character"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="sys_critical" sourceproperty="sys_critical" type="character"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="roletype" sourceproperty="roletype" type="number"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="status" sourceproperty="status" type="number"></mapfield>
</mapper>
</dataMapping>

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hello @Mortal,

Can you please try to remove "roles" from the saviynt property and try.
Please find the sample below.

<dataMapping>
</sql-query>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="role_name" sourceproperty="role_name" type="character"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="description" sourceproperty="description" type="character"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="displayname" sourceproperty="displayname" type="character"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="sox_critical" sourceproperty="sox_critical" type="character"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="sys_critical" sourceproperty="sys_critical" type="character"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="roletype" sourceproperty="roletype" type="number"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="status" sourceproperty="status" type="number"></mapfield>
</mapper>
</dataMapping>

Thanks.

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

Mortal
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @sudeshjaiswal ,
I already removed the roles but still it is not working. And it shows job is success but in job control panel status is showing failure, Why so?

Make sure you are using "Roles Import (Complete) from Database" Job type and below XML in connection 

<dataMapping>
</sql-query>
</mapper>
</dataMapping>

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Mortal,

Can you please share the log snippet.

Thanks.

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

Mortal
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello @rushikeshvartak @sudeshjaiswal ,

Now roles are getting imported successfully.

Thanks