Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Regex Not working as defined

AashishD
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi,

This is regarding service accounts via the manage service account tile.

We are trying to put a regex restriction on an endpoint level dynamic attribute that generates account name.

To generate the accountname, we are using another dynamic value which is of String Type.

The requirement is not to allow any special characters and NO spaces. Only a-zA-Z0-9 should be allowed.

I have used the below Regex in the dynamic attributes, but when i use special characters, it does not show and error and allows me to go to the next page.

Anything I am missing?

Regex Used : [^~!@#$%^&*_-+=?/][a-zA-Z0-9]{2,}

AashishD_0-1727108711297.png

5 REPLIES 5

stalluri
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@AashishD  try the below Regex

[a-zA-Z0-9^~!@#$%^&*_\-+=?/]+
or
[^a-zA-Z\u00C0-\u024F\u1E00-\u1EFF0-9^~!@#$%^&*_\-+=?/]

Best Regards,
Sam Talluri
If you find this a helpful response, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

AashishD
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Sam,

Neither of the options work. Does it work in your case?

It accepts eventhough the regex is mentioned.

AashishD_0-1727111557170.png

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Did you checked browser console ?

^[a-zA-Z0-9]+$

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

AashishD
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

This seems to work but I have to fill all details in the service account form and when i go to the next page then it pops the error. Is there a way that when a requestor has finished filling the account name and moves to fill another attribute, the error pops up immediately?

user needs to click on next button thats default behavior and not configurable 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.