Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Not Importing user - either username attribute not found

Ivan5533
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am importing SAP users from a FM and when they are loaded into Saviynt I get this error:

2024-03-19T13:50:39+01:00-ecm-worker-services.ImportSAvDataUserService-quartzScheduler_Worker-10-5kvhg-DEBUG-Proceed to Import for records - > [00020482, , Vitalik Pino, ######, ES, Spain, DEPARTMENT YES, INTERNAL EMPLOYEE, ######,, X, ######,, White, ######,, ######,, ######,, E, , ######,, , 3, 2024-03-05,######,, null, null, OU=######,,OU=######,,OU=######,,DC=######,,DC=net, Vitalik Pino,, 1, null, null] : false

2024-03-19T13:50:39+01:00-ecm-worker-services.ImportSAvDataUserService-quartzScheduler_Worker-10-5kvhg-DEBUG-Not Importing user - either username attribute not found or if vendor is there then user doesnt have access to import the vendor-[00020482, , Vitalik Pino, ######,, ES, Spain, DEPARTMENT YES, INTERNAL EMPLOYEE, ######,, X, ######,, White, ######,, ######,, ######,, E, , ######,, , 3, 2024-03-05, ######,, null, null, OU=######,,OU=######,,OU=######,,DC=######,,DC=net, Vitalik Pino,, 1, null, null]

I'm using the first attribute seen in the logs to map to the username, and the error says it can't find the username attribute, so I don't understand why it's failing.

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Iván

6 REPLIES 6

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Ivan5533,

Could you please provide the  additional details regarding yours use case?

Thanks.

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

Ivan5533
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello @sudeshjaiswal ,

What additional details do you need? I will try to explain myself better to put you in context.

We are calling a SAP Function module to bring the identities to saviynt, the username attribute is being populated in USERIMPORTJSON, so it doesn't even have to be generated.

In the job the username is configured as recon field.

I attach the USERIMPORTJSON in case it might help.

{
"FUNCTIONMODULE": {
"FUNCTIONTOCALL": "###########",
"IMPORTPARAMETERMAP": {},
"RESPONSEMAPPING": "USERNAME::EMPLOYEE_ID#String,FIRSTNAME::NAME#String,LASTNAME::LAST_NAME#String,COMPANYNAME::COMPANY_NAME#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY1::COUNTRY#String,COUNTRY::COUNTRY_NAME#String,DEPARTMENTNAME::DEPARTMENT#String,EMPLOYEETYPE::EMPLOYEE_TYPE#String,TITLE::TITLE#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY11::ISMANAGER#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY14::ORGANIZATIONAL_UNIT#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY10::BLUE_WHITE_COLLAR#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY12::BROADBAND#String,COSTCENTER::COST_CENTER#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY13::COST_CENTER_TEXT#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY2::PREFERREDLANGUAGE#String,EMAIL::MAIL#String,CITY::CITY#String,SYSTEMUSERNAME::USER#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY18::STATUSKEY#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY38::START_DATE#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY36::MANAGER#String"
}
}

Hello @Ivan5533,

Thanks for sharing the json,
The error what you seeing interprets that, " Some value of the target system property which is mapped with username, has null value. In saviynt users table, we cannot have users with null username". 
Please check with the application team and confirm.

And also validate the if the SAVROLE have organization selected for the person, who is configuring the SAP HR IMPORT.

sudeshjaiswal_1-1711003413458.png

Thanks.

If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi guys,

@sudeshjaiswal The error what you seeing interprets that, " Some value of the target system property which is mapped with username, has null value. In saviynt users table, we cannot have users with null username". 

@rushikeshvartak  Does all users in SAP have EMPLOYEE_ID?

This is not possible as the employee_id we receive is the identifier within SAP, so all users have a unique one. In addition, in the logs I have passed, you can see how this value is received and it is not empty.

@sudeshjaiswal And also validate the if the SAVROLE have organization selected for the person, who is configuring the SAP HR IMPORT.

The user configuring the SAP HR IMPORT is the admin user, I have added the value 'All' to the Organizations field of the SAV ROLE 'ROLE_ADMIN'. but still the same thing happens.

Thanks for your help,

Ivan

Does all users in SAP have EMPLOYEE_ID?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Ivan5533,

If the single user dont have the employee_id which is mapped to the primary key i.e. username,
the userimport will fail for all the users.
Please validate this on the Target end

Thanks.