Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Managing the secretary in AD

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi all,

Our client would like to use Saviynt to manage the AD Secretary field, which is meant to contain a DN, similar to how "Manager" works.

At provisioning time, we do have access to the managerAccount binding variable that allows us to retrieve the manager's account DN.

Would there be a way to retrieve the secretary's account in a similar fashion?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Use 

• userAccount variable

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I believe this will give me the current user's account... I am trying to get another's identity's account in that endpoint

You will get all accounts user have you need to loop and get

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Let's say user1 has an administrative assistant: user2.  How can I update user1's AD account to set secretary to user2's AD account DN.  This is another identity entirely, similar to how managerAccount represents the account of another identity...

That won't be possible. User needs to be same.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

So it is impossible to retrieve the account information of a given application for another identity (say userX) when provisioning/updating an account in the application for userY, excepted for the manager (by using usersManagerObj) ?

I find it hard to believe, I will submit an idea on this...

Thanks!

Yes please submit idea

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Found a workaround to this through preprocessor and additionaltables:

This is used at user import time to flow the secretary's AD account DN to the identity based on the secretary's email address:

ADAccounts.cp1 = Account DN
ADAccounts.cp26 = email Address
Identity cp18 = Assistant's email address

{
    "ADDITIONALTABLES": {
    "ADACCOUNTS": "select customproperty26,customproperty1 from accounts where endpointkey=3 and customproperty26 is not null"
    },"COMPUTEDCOLUMNS": [
        "customproperty19"
    ],
  "TABLEINDEXES": {
    "currentadaccounts": [
      "customproperty26"
    ]
    },
    "PREPROCESSQUERIES": [
    "UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET CUSTOMPROPERTY19=(SELECT CURRENTADACCOUNTS.customproperty1 from CURRENTADACCOUNTS WHERE CURRENTADACCOUNTS.CUSTOMPROPERTY26 = customproperty18)"
    ]
}