Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Siebel - Manage DB users in Oracle - Enable, Disable, Change Password

RanjithSaiM
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

We would like to manage Siebel DB users through Saviynt where we should be able to perform actions like enable, disable, and change password.

I could not find any intact documentation which helps with the permissions and queries that can be used for performing the actions.

Any lead is much appreciated.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Upload driver file in file directory and restart server. You can use siebal using database connector

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

RanjithSaiM
New Contributor
New Contributor

@rushikeshvartak,

For Siebel, they are using Oracle so I can do a JDBC.

What I am looking for is the tables information and the permissions required to manage DB admin users.

You need to contact application team and get required access for tables which needs for crud

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

RanjithSaiM
New Contributor
New Contributor

@rushikeshvartakUnfortunately the team only manages the DB and they need us to provide the exact steps for granting the permissions and steps for running the queries. That is the situation and no alternative.

Application team needs to confirm which tables contains accounts / account to entitlement and entitlement information.

1. Database Level Permissions:

• Connect to your database using a database management tool such as SQL Developer, SQL*Plus, or the management console provided by your database vendor (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.).
    • Ensure that the user account or role accessing the database has been granted the appropriate permissions:
      • Grant SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE privileges on the relevant tables to allow CRUD operations.
      • Grant EXECUTE privileges if stored procedures or functions are used for CRUD operations.
      • Grant any additional privileges required for creating, modifying, or deleting tables if necessary.
    • These permissions are typically managed by database administrators (DBAs) and should be applied based on the principle of least privilege.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

RanjithSaiM
New Contributor
New Contributor

@rushikeshvartakthanks for the detailed steps, appreciate it. As mentioned I was looking for the tables info and the role name as we do not have anyone who can provide from customer end. I found something online and need to verify if that is correct by connecting with the DBA team. I will provide my update here.

This is application specific hence i can't provide tables to be used.

Is this for database user creation for siebel ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak