Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Issue with Default_Action_For_Analytics and Deprovisioning Access for Imported AD Access

markmch
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello Saviynt team,

I'm migrating Dynamic Groups from MIM to Saviynt and using Analytics, the  Default_Action_For_Analytics to determine whether to "Provision Access" or "Deprovision Access" based on user criteria. The analytics work fine when Saviynt provisions the access. However, if the access is granted in Active Directory and imported into Saviynt, the analytic detects the need for Deprovision Access but doesn’t create the task.

I noticed that in the account_entitlements1 table, entries not provisioned by Saviynt lack an arstaskkey, which might be why the Remove Access task isn't generated.

Here's the query I'm using:

SELECT 
'23' as 'entvaluekey',
a.accountkey as 'acctKey',
a.name as 'accName',
u.userkey as 'userKey',
CASE
WHEN ev.entitlement_valuekey IS NULL
AND u.statuskey = 1
AND u.companyname = '1000'
AND (a.status = 1 OR a.status = 'Manually Provisioned')
THEN 'Provision Access'
WHEN ev.entitlement_valuekey = '23'
AND (u.statuskey != 1
OR u.companyname != '1000'
OR (a.status != 1 AND a.status != 'Manually Provisioned'))
THEN 'Deprovision Access'
ELSE NULL
END as Default_Action_For_Analytics
FROM
users u
JOIN
user_accounts ua ON u.userkey = ua.userkey
JOIN
accounts a ON ua.accountkey = a.accountkey
LEFT JOIN
account_entitlements1 ae ON a.accountkey = ae.accountkey
LEFT JOIN
entitlement_values ev ON ae.entitlement_valuekey = ev.entitlement_valuekey
AND ev.entitlement_valuekey = '23'
WHERE
(u.statuskey = 1
AND u.companyname = '1000'
AND (a.status = 1 OR a.status = 'Manually Provisioned'))
OR (ev.entitlement_valuekey = '23')

markmch_0-1724865111641.png

Could you advise on how to ensure Deprovision Access tasks are generated for access imported from AD?

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Enable below options
    • Endpoint Levelrushikeshvartak_0-1724865848252.png

• Entitlement Type Level rushikeshvartak_1-1724865861990.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

I added the both configs but still is not triggering the task, note that in the analytic it says 'Task created" but it's not created neither shown as completed.

markmch_0-1724866804614.png

I've tested the scenario where access is granted in AD and then imported into Saviynt. After running the analytics job, no task is created. However, if I manually update the user to meet the rule and then update again to not meet it, the job generates the Remove Access task as expected.

What could be causing the task to only generate after a manual update to the user when the access was granted out of Saviynt?

delete all report history and validate

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

It only works when I delete all the history, and I cannot set NOOFHISTORYTOKEEP=0, how should we do it?

stalluri
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

@markmch 
Ensure you enable the check box at the Job level and select the action on the analytics.

Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 9.15.52 PM.png

Best Regards,
Sam Talluri
If you find this a helpful response, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

• Keep base count =1 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

I put base count = 1 as shown, but still can only generate Remove task if the Analitycs History is empty.

markmch_0-1724946286718.png

NM
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

Hi @markmch keep base count 1 or add a current time and date column in report.

If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'

markmch
New Contributor
New Contributor

I put base count = 1 as shown, but still can only generate Remove task if the Analitycs History is empty. What should be the name of the date column?

markmch_1-1724946310027.png

• How are you running report ?
  • Report needs to be scheduled from Job

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Yes, it's running from a RunAllAnalyticsJob with filter. Number of History to Keep=2, Base Count =1, but still doesn't trigger the Remove Access task if it has history.

markmch_0-1724950936933.png

markmch_1-1724951047367.png

markmch_3-1724951097017.png

Job is run manually, will it affect?

NM
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@markmch schedule the job.

If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'

stalluri
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

@markmch 

• Are there any duplicate entitlements tasks present the same account and user in the pending tasks? If Yes(discontinue them)
  • Keep history = 2 and base count = 1
  • Try adding sub-categories to Analytics and add them at the job level.
  • You can run the job manually. It will not have any impact. 

Best Regards,
Sam Talluri
If you find this a helpful response, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

• Is there any open tasks already ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

NM
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

Hi @markmch , keep history more than 1 and base count 1

And for the column name any column name should work..

markmch
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you all, it worked after adding base count=1, and a current date column in the query.

NM
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

Please accept solution and give kudos.