Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Including Entitlement and Role Ownership Information in Email Notifications

Roua
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi Saviynt Community,

I have a requirement, when a user is placed on temporary leave (with CP5 set to "P"), the user’s manager should receive a notification email containing the user's information. Additionally, the email needs to list all entitlements and roles for which the user is an owner.

I have searched extensively through the email template documentation but couldn't find a parameter that directly provides this information. However, I came across the entitlement_value_list parameter in the recent update here: Saviynt Release Notes - v5.5 SP3.8.

When I tried using ${entitlement_value_list} in the email template, I received the output:
List of entitlements owned by the user: 0

I also tested ${entitlement_value_list.size()}, which returned:
List of entitlements owned by the user: []

It is confirmed that the user is indeed an owner of some entitlements.

How can I correctly display the list of entitlements owned by the user in the email? Am I missing a configuration step for the entitlement_value_list parameter?
Is there a similar parameter available for roles that a user owns, or another way to include role ownership in the notification?
Additional Considerations:
I’m aware that using a report would be the best approach for this kind of requirement. However, reports can only be scheduled on a time-based frequency (daily, monthly, etc.), which does not fit this use case since the notification needs to be triggered by the event itself. therefor i am using the userupdate rule to trigger the email "Notify as an email"

If using parameters in the email template is not feasible, what other approaches could achieve this requirement? Any suggestions or best practices would be greatly appreciated!
full email template: 

<!doctype html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
    <title>Simple Responsive HTML Email With Button</title>
  </head>
  <body class="">
    <p>-- <i>For an English version of this message please scroll down</i> --</p>

<p>-- <i>English version</i> --</p>

<p>Dear colleague,</p>

<p>This email is to inform you that an employee assigned to your organizational unit will start a temporary leave on ${user.customproperty6}.<br>
    Therefore, the IAM identity of the employee, as well as all associated accounts and authorizations, were deactivated on this date.<br>
    In case of a previous assignment of the Business Role <i>Block Deactivation of Accounts during Temporary Leave (xxxxx)</i>, the deactivation is blocked.</p>

<p>Affected employee:</p>
    <table>
      <tr>
        <td>Personnel Number:</td>
        <td><b>${user.username}</b></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td>First Name:</td>
        <td><b>${user.firstname}</b></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td>Last Name:</td>
        <td><b>${user.lastname}</b></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td>Organizational Unit:</td>
        <td><b>${user.orgunitid}</b></td>
      </tr>
    </table>

<p>List of entitlements owned by the user: ${entitlement_value_list}</p>

<p>For more details on system access during temporary leave and IAM in general, please visit the following site:<br>
    <a xxxxxx </a></p>

<p>Kind regards<br> Your IAM Team</p>

<p>In case of questions regarding IAM, please write an email to <a xxxx</a>.</p>

<p><i>This message is automatically generated. Please do not reply to this email!</i></p>
  </body>
</html>

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Currently variable is not supported in UUR for entitlement ownership
  • You need to use analytics report

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Roua
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@rushikeshvartak 
thank you 
but do you know anything about the entitlements_value_list ? because it says it is supported in the update

https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-3874

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.