Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to assign custom sav role for existing users without sav4sav connection?

jralexander137
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Is there some way to bulk update existing users with a custom sav role without creating a sav4sav connection to import sav roles as entitlements? I just want to assign a custom end user role. 

I reviewed https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/add-bulk-user-to-the-sav-role-quot-customqueryjob-... but the enhanced query job is saying its a syntax issue and I'm trying use a SQL query.

Here is the config I have INSERT INTO user_savroles (USERKEY,ROLEKEY ) SELECT USERKEY,21 FROM Users Where EMPLOYEETYPE = 'Employee' OR EMPLOYEETYPE = 'Contingent Worker'

Open to suggestions, thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

1. Create SAV for Sav Conenction. Use UpdateUserJSON.  Invoke : https://XXX.saviyntcloud.com/ECM/api/v5/addremoveuserfromrole

2. Update one of CP of users.

3. Create User Update rule

Add action as Create Update User Task --Update Login

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

CR
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@jralexander137  via enhanced query we can't insert as per 23.9v .

may be you can below based on api call and need to ask Saviynt team to add exiting users end user role(our end Saviynt team done trough back-end ). there no option to import file also for sav role.

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Use Import sheet to update CP65 of Users = SAVROLE
  • Create User Update Rule.
  • if CP65 is updated & = SAVROLE
  • Assign SAV4SA4 using technical Rule

rushikeshvartak_0-1709271933755.png

rushikeshvartak_1-1709271979774.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

I don't see an option in technical rule for "Authorization Roles" the only option that looks to be available is "Enterprise Roles". I had tried this route previously but didn't see a way to add sav roles here without spinning up a sav4sav connection and importing the sav roles as entitlements, which we do not want to do here.

jralexander137_0-1709297862623.png

We are on Version 23.10

AmitM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

HI @jralexander137 , write java code (upload jar) , use {{url}}/ECM/{{path}}/addremoveuserfromrole to add users to sav role.

Thanks,
Amit

If this answers your query, Please ACCEPT SOLUTION and give KUDOS.