Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Error updating User StartDate

rhawes
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi. We are getting User updates pushed to us via SAP BTP from our HRIS and are getting an error updating the User startdate. The documentation says

rhawes_1-1680736680132.png

It says "2023-04-05T20:06:30.89581394Z stdout F - Field error in object 'com.saviynt.ecm.identitywarehouse.domain.Users' on field 'startdate': rejected value [03-22-2023]; codes at com.saviynt.ecm.services.changeaction.UserChangeActionService.updateUser(UserChangeActionService.groovy:5255)"

I've attached the log. Note, we are actually on 23.3

10 REPLIES 10

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @rhawes ,

Can you please confirm if you're creating an update user request through API. Are you able to see any error on the postman??

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

rhawes
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi, Pruthvi

We are getting this pushed to us and the send is successful from SAP side. The error is in Saviynt, but the same startdate field and format is not a problem in a separate push that creates the User record. It is only occurring on the update. 

rhawes
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hey, Pruthvi

I misunderstood your question. Here is the error we re getting when we try to execute this from Postman. 

{
    "errorCode": "1",
    "message": "SUCCESS Error While Updating Record"
}

We are using CM/api/updateUser and the user is in ROLE_ADMIN. When we do a create User with the same attribute and format (and value) it works perfectly well through the createUser API. It's the update that's giving us a problem. 

Thanks,
Richard

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@rhawes You need to use https://abc.saviynt.com/ECM/api/v5/updateUser api in order to push updates from postman. The path value is api/v5

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/1797923/RWaLwo21#intro

Regards,
Sahil

rhawes
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hey, Sahil

Thanks. Now we get this error

rhawes_0-1680802127387.png

So the startdate cannot be less than today; is that it?

Thanks,

Richard

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@rhawes ,

If you're not updating the start date , you can remove it from the payload as it is not a mandatory parameter. But if you're including it, you cannot keep it less than the current date.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@rhawes ,

to allow the start date to be in past you can use below optional parameter "allowpastdate".

allowpastdate: Set Values to be true or false. The default value is false. Set the value to be true, to allow start date to be less than current date.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

rhawes
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hey, Pruthvi

That was it. Thanks a lot for your help. 

Richard

rhawes
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi, Pruthvi

I spoke too soon. My developer just tried this again and and got the following error. 

rhawes_0-1681138796525.png

Any further suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @rhawes ,

I have validated the payload in my internal instance and I'm able to update the user successfully.

Please refer to below screenshots. 

Kindly validate your payload once and see if the URL path is given as 'api/v5'.

example: https://xxxxxx.saviyntcloud.com/ECM/api/v5/updateUser

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 2.28.02 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-04-10 at 2.29.27 PM.png

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi