Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Email regeneration when we update the lastname of user through import failed.

RevatiTarale
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello team,

I have created one user update rule where I gave the condition if the last name is updated it should generate the email. When I import CSV to update the last name of an existing user update task gets triggered. I can see in the user history that the user update rule of email generation was triggered. but it doesn't reflect the email change. Only the update task for the last name gets triggered.

Here is the snap of the rule created.

RevatiTarale_0-1715180403270.png

I referred this doc to create rule: https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/community-knowledge-base/how-do-we-regenerate-email-id-s-when-there-is...

I have email generation rule created in global configuration and it is working fine in other case.

Any suggestion would be helpful. Please let me know if I am missing anything here.

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

Raghu
All-Star
All-Star

@RevatiTarale  it is not generating we also tried, Created Saviynt support ticket and reported to Saviynt to look at , it is bug.

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

bhushan1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@Raghu was the bug resolved?
we are in 24.4 and I am facing this issue.

Thanks,
Bhushan

This is working as expected in v24.5

rushikeshvartak_0-1717466046682.png

rushikeshvartak_1-1717466071883.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

@rushikeshvartak  thank you for testing this in v24.5.
Can you let us know if it updates the email even if there is an existing value?

Thanks,
Bhushan

It overwrite

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

@bhushan1  yes we are facing issue in 24.4

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Could you kindly provide a detailed snapshot of the information extracted from the logs, encompassing errors and other pertinent functionality details encountered during the execution of this process? Your assistance in furnishing this information would greatly aid in the analysis and resolution of any issues .

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

RevatiTarale
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

@rushikeshvartak Please find the attached log files. 

Missing actual logs after file upload

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

itinjic
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Based on the information provided, it seems like the user update rule for email generation is correctly triggered when the last name is updated. However, the email change is not reflected in the user's information. Here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Verify the email generation rule in the global configuration:
    - Check if the rule is active and properly configured.
    - Ensure that the rule is set to generate the email based on the user's first name and last name.
  2. Check the order of execution of the user update rules:
    - Make sure that the rule for email generation is placed before the rule for updating the last name in the order of execution.
    - This ensures that the email generation rule is processed first and the email change is reflected in the user's information.
  3. Verify the advanced configuration for email generation:
    - If you are using advanced configuration for email generation, double-check the logic in the advanced query.
    - Ensure that the logic properly evaluates the conditions for generating the email based on the updated last name.
  4. Check the logs for any error messages or warnings related to email generation:
    - Review the logs to see if there are any messages indicating issues with email generation.
    - Look for any error messages that might provide insights into the problem.

Sapere aude