Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Email notification send in different languages

Diwakar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

How do I send email notifications to user's manager based on thier preferred language or any custom property populated with user's manager language?

• Is there an option in SSM email template to choose to send emails in language based on the preferred language? (for example, Email in English if the preferred language is English | Email in French if the preferred language is French)
14 REPLIES 14

nimitdave
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Diwakar , no this is not supported. You need to if-else on the users custom property which captures language preference and then have whole body if different languages.

Diwakar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Nimit,

Thanks for your response. Can you please provide some examples how can we achieve with if else condition, wanted to understand the syntax.

Regards,

Diwakar.

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Diwakar ,

Please check the below article for using if else condition in an email template. You can build the body of email template in different languages. There are many articles and posts already present on the same use case. Kindly search through the content on forums .

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/saviynt-knowledge-base/how-to-send-different-emails-with-if-else-condi...

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

Diwakar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks Pruthvi, this helps. One last query before we close this thread. Do we have any character limitation on Email template Body and Subject. Please confirm as we need to add 5-7 languages in both Body and Subject depending on requirement.

Thanks,

Diwakar.

Diwakar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@pruthvi_t Do we have any character limitation on Email template Body and Subject. Please confirm as we need to add 10 languages in both Body and Subject depending on requirement.

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Diwakar , the character limit depends on the size of the column 'templatecontent' in the table 'ecmemailtemplate'. You can check the size of that column in your environment through data analyzer.

If you'd need more size for that column to fit your email template content, then you can raise an idea on ideas portal so that product team can review it.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

Diwakar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@pruthvi_t  I tried running below query to check the column size but query is not working.

SELECT COL_LENGTH(templatecontent) FROM ecmemailtemplate

Can you please suggest any other query which gives the exact character limit?

Regards,

Diwakar.

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Diwakar , when you expand the table in data analyzer, you'd be able to see the columns of that table. Beside each column, you can see a information icon as 'i' . You can hover your mouse pointer over it and it gives you information regarding that column.

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 9.58.09 AM.png

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

Diwakar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@pruthvi_t Thanks I checked the size of the column templatecontent however its not showing any varchar size. So does that mean the body of an email can have unlimited characters?

Diwakar_0-1697209270769.png

Thanks,

Diwakar.

@Diwakar , text is the data type of the column, it's not varchar. Text data type in mysql can hold around 65k bytes of data. 

In my screenshot i was showing the example of name column, hence it is showing varchar.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

Diwakar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the clarification @pruthvi_t. In Summary how much characters we can pass in the column templatecontent? It's really important to know as we wanted to create longer email body as per our requirement.

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Diwakar 

We have similar usecase to implement but the language allowed is only 3.

If you are able to achieve the case, i request you to please share the html content (after removing sensitive details) for reference.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

Diwakar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Manu269 As there is character limitation and we have 10 languages requirement so we are keeping the subject in one language i.e. English and only using the language logic in subject.

Below is the html content for your reference.

----Subject--------

<% if (manager?.country == "Brazil") print "Criação de conta AD - ${user.displayname}" else if (manager?.country == "Norway") print "Opprettelse av AD-konto - ${user.displayname}" else print "AD Account Creation - ${user.displayname}" %>

-----Body------
<div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><% if (manager?.country =="Brazil") print "Oi${manager==null?',':' '+manager.firstname+' '+manager.lastname+','}</div><div><br></div><div>Nova conta foi criada para o usuário - ${user.firstname} ${user.lastname} (${user.username}) no teste do Active Directory.</div><div>Você está recebendo este e-mail porque é o gerente deste usuário.</div><div><br></div><div><div><b><u>*Este sistema gerou e-mail, por favor não responda*.</u></b></div><br></div><div>Cumprimentos,</div><div><b>Equipe Y****IGA.</b></div>" else if (manager?.country =="Norway") print "Hei${manager==null?',':' '+manager.firstname+' '+manager.lastname+','}<div><br></div><div>Ny konto er opprettet for bruker - ${user.firstname} ${user.lastname} (${user.username}) i Active Directory Test.</div><div>Du mottar denne e-posten fordi du er administrator for denne brukeren.</div><div><br></div><div><u><b>*Dette er systemgenerert e-post, vennligst ikke svar*.</b></u><br><br></div><div>Regards,</div><div><b>Y****IGA-teamet.</b></div>" else print "Hi${manager==null?',':' '+manager.firstname+' '+manager.lastname+','}<div><br></div><div>New Account has been created for user - ${user.firstname} ${user.lastname} (${user.username}) in Active Directory Test.</div><div>You are receiving this email because you are the manager for this user.</div><div><br></div><div><u><b>*This is system generated email, please do not reply*.</b></u><br><br></div><div>Regards,</div><div><b>Y****IGA Team.</b></div>" %><br></div></div></div><br></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div><br></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>

Regards,

Diwakar.

65,535 characters is length of email body. Hence it will limit your requirement, Please raise to CSM for prioritization and raise idea ticket

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.