Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Diverge the user creation/modification workflow to perform separate actions

logben
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi all,

In Global Configurations, under the Lifecycle Management section, there is a setting called "User creation and modification workflow" where you would set the workflow to be run on a user creation or user modification. 

Within this workflow, I want to do two different actions depending on if the workflow was triggered by a user being created, or if it was triggered by a user being updated/modified. For example: if triggered by user creation, send user creation email template. Else, send user modification email template. My question is, how can this be accomplished in the workflow? What would the Condition if/else block look like to successfully diverge?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can use if else condition

REQUESTTYPE = '18' : 'CREATEUSER'

REQUESTTYPE = '19' : 'UPDATEUSER'

rushikeshvartak_1-1729102347804.png

ars_requests.requesttype ==18

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Thank you so much for the help, your answer prompted me to search the forums for a list of request types and I was able to find it - this will surely help me in the future.

Here is link  https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/saviynt-knowledge-base/various-request-types-and-task-types-along-with... 

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Database-Schema-Reference/page/Content/Database-Schema-Refe...  Search "

Request_Access Request Type Mappings"

Request_Access Request Type Mappings

Column Name Mapping Value

Add Access

Update Account 

REMOVE access 

UPDATE ROLE

REMOVE ROLE

PROPOSED ACCOUNT OWNERS

MODIFY_ORGANIZATION 

PROPOSED Entitlement OWNERS

CREATE USER 

UPDATE USER 

CREATE RULE 

UPDATE RULE 

DISABLE RULE

MODIFY PRIVILEGE 

Emergency Access ID

Emergency Access Role 

Transport Import 

ENABLE RULE

EXTEND ACCESS

ENABLE ACCOUNT

DISABLE ACCOUNT

LOCK ACCOUNT

UNLOCK ACCOUNT

CREATE ORGANIZATION

BULK USER UPLOAD

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.