Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Context tab is missing in analytic config

ArvindKumar33
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi, our EIC environment version is Saviynt v24.7. 

I would like to create an analytic solution with context, but I can't find it in my configuration when I try to create it. Can you suggest how we can retrieve it context tab in analytic config?

ArvindKumar33_0-1728695969024.png

should reflect something below

ArvindKumar33_1-1728696040755.png

Regards, Arvind 

9 REPLIES 9

NM
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

Hi @ArvindKumar33 , as per my knowledge context tab is available in run time analytics.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

This is expected behavior when you create analytics first time it will not be visible. once its created context will be available Recording 2024-10-12 at 12.03.50.gif

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Thanks Rushikesh!

Now when I am updating analytic selecting context as user, it throws below pop-up.

ArvindKumar33_0-1728787884914.png

Regards,Arvind

• Add one more column in query userkey as USERCONTEXT.
  • Query should have USERCONTEXT column mandatory when context is used 
  • https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter17-EIC-Analytics/Managing-An... 
  • Controls Based on User

These controls provide visibility of control data based on user context. When creating these controls, EIC looks for the user name aliased as USER CONTEXT as the name of a column in the result set. If a user logs in to EIC, only the violations associated with the user's username are displayed in the run history. Users with ROLE_ADMIN and ROLE_READONLY SAV roles are exceptional to this visibility constraint and can view violations of all the users available in EIC.

Sample query

SQL
    select distinct excv.attributevalue as 'AWS Account', a.name as 'IAM User',u.Firstname as 'First Name', u.lastname as 'Last Name', u.email as 'Email Address', a.Created_on as 'Creation Time',a.LastLogondate as 'Last Login'   , u.userkey as 'USERCONTEXT'   from accounts a INNER JOIN users u on u.username=a.name and u.customproperty1 IN ('T','R','D') INNER JOIN endpoints ep On ep.endpointkey = a.endpointkey INNER Join entitlement_types et ON et.endpointkey = ep.endpointkey INNER JOIN securitysystems sc ON et.systemkey = sc.systemkey INNER JOIN externalconnection exc on sc.externalconnection = exc.externalconnectionkey INNER JOIN externalconnectiontype exct on exc.externalconnectiontype = exct.externalconnectiontypekey and exct.connectiontype = 'AWS'   INNER JOIN externalconnattvalue excv on excv.connectiontype = exc.externalconnectionkey and excv.attributekey = 'AWS_ACCOUNT_ID'   where a.name not like 'xyz'  

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

PremMahadikar
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @ArvindKumar33 ,

Your initial screenshot where the below query used, this works when you are using context, as you are referencing a column USERCONTEXT.

select username, manager as USERCONTEXT from users where statuskey=1

FYI: Controls Based on User

PremMahadikar_0-1728807968906.png

Try to check in your second screenshot query and add USERCONTEXT if missing and then run. You shouldn't see this error.

If this helps, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

ArvindKumar33
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks Rushikesh, Prem!

The query is working fine now. However, after adding analytics and a dashboard to the SAV role, I am getting an access denied error when trying to access the dashboard from intelligence. I have checked the permissions and everything seems okay. The error I am getting is a 403 on this URL https://xyz.saviyntcloud.com/ECMv6/api/idw/res/file?path=/app/usr/theme.json. Can you please let me know which access or feature needs to be added to the SAV role for this?

ArvindKumar33_0-1728912795064.png

Regards,
Arvind

[This post has been edited by a Moderator to remove sensitive information.]

What all features and webservices are added in this custom SAV role?

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

ArvindKumar33
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi -attached are the list of feature and webservice access.

Please check network logs to find which feature and APIs are having issue and giving 403 error . [Sample Image Below]

rushikeshvartak_0-1728924867675.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak