Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Display Errors from Jar Job Execution on Job History Page

Ajaykoppula
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi All

In my current project, we are onboarding users via a schema file. We receive two pipe-separated files and need to merge them based on employee ID before converting them into a CSV format for schema import. To accomplish this, we are using an external jar job.

We want to achieve the following: if the execution of the jar job fails, we are currently throwing an error. Is it possible to display this error on the job history page?

Thanks,
Ajay

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can use sendEmail API to send error.

Refer Saviynt API Documentation https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/API-Reference-Guide/page/Content/API-References.htm

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Thank you for your response, 

Is there a possibility to display errors using the throws/throw statement without using the  sendEmail API? I want these error messages to be displayed on the job history page. Currently, by using the throw statement, the job shows a failed state, but the message appears as "null."

Thanks, 
Ajay

You can’t show on history page but can send over email

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Hi,
following up on the above topic, we are performing data validation on the external jar, and based on this validation, we are skipping some users from further processing. Is there a way to send an attachment of these skipped users as a report using the send Email API? I've attempted this, but I'm only receiving plain text emails without attachments. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Ajay

No you can't send attachment using saviynt send email api

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak