Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Created User requires logging in first before we can make API calls

BillyMai
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

When I create a user through the UI, I'm not able to make any API calls using this user's profile. It requires me to login first from the UI and reset the initial password. Since I have SSO enabled I can't log in via the UI to reset it. Trying to reset it from Admin Functions doesn't help either. Is there a way to bypass this requirement of logging in from the UI?

9 REPLIES 9

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Yes, please check below document , it has all the details.

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/getting-html-response-when-calling-saviynt-api-in-...

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @BillyMai ,

Can you try by uncheck the Set Security Question on Login option under Global Configurations --> Preferences

pmahalle_0-1689705924784.png

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

BillyMai
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

It already is unchecked, It was never checked.

How you are getting the initial password once user created through UI?

If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

BillyMai
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Admin functions

That’s the reason, you need to reset the password on first logon. 

Since admin is resetting the password through Admin Function, user needs to reset password on first login otherwise it will be a security issue since admin also know the password.

BillyMai
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Since SSO is enabled and local authentication is turned off, how will the user login to reset the password?

update users set passwordexpired=0, localauthenabled=1 where username='SAVIyntXXXXX'

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

I found that you have to do it in this order:
1. create the user via the API

2. set localauthenabled = 1

3. reset password via admin functions

4. set passwordexpired = 0

5. use the updated password to make api call