Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Create User Request Form re-triggers Username Generation on Post

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

We are using FN_EIC_SEQGEN in our Username Generation Rule :

Murmur_0-1712219763504.png

What we experience now is, that during the time we fill out our Request Form, we get displayed e.g. SE-1010, but as soon as we click Submit, the User Request is created with the Username SE-1011.

This is a little uncool, as

a) we waste free Identifiers (which is okay-ish, as it also increments, when only open the Create User Request form) 
b) The requestor will expect the user to be named SE-1010 and won't find it that way. 

Any idea how to fix this? 

Cheers 🙂

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Does same time multiple user tried request form. Or did you refreshed request form ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Neither of both. I'm currently the only one working in our DEV environment, and I'm confident that I did not refresh the page inbetween. 

Remove select keyword and try

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Still the same

Share logs

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Sent via PM

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

I expect, that this is more a bug than anything else. I just opened an idea forum post. If you would find this helpful, feel free to vote: BUG FIX: Create User Form refreshes during | Saviynt Ideas Portal