Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Generate Unique 9 digit username for users coming in from AD as auth source

PratithShetty
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

We require to generate a unique 9 digit numeric number prefixed with C_ for users coming in from AD as AUTH source. 

What is the best practice to do this? I read some posts that mentioned the use of Register user rule and inline pre-processor. 

I tried to use the register user rule and did not include the USERNAME mapping in my AD connector assuming that username being null will pick up the register user rule. But, this did not work. Please help or suggest.

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Please confirm

• User are imported from trusted source as AD 
  • During import username should be autogenerated number starting C_ with 9 as length

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

That’s right @rushikeshvartak 

Use preprocessor 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

@rushikeshvartak  - The issue is that the preprocessor will create a new entry in saviynt every time we run the import from AD with a new generated random 9 digit number.

anyone has an idea for the logic that could be written?

Refer https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/saviynt-knowledge-base/achieve-email-uniqueness-check-during-email-gen...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

@rushikeshvartak  What you shared has an email generation check to validate against current users. But in our usecase, we are generating new username using inline pre-processor and the next run we need to reconcile the data based on the username that we generated. 

username should be unique. if username is generated from inline preprocessor identify another attribute for import.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak