Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Forward Slash in System Username Generation Rule

Mah
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi All, 

We have a requirement from client on user creation request to use users' first name and last name for username generation. We do have a list of words need to remove during username generation. However, we are not able to include forward slash in advanced query and we are getting error message "Operation not allowed as you are entering a value that resembles or contains script code" The query we have as below:

concat(substring(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(upper(users.lastname),'BIN',''),'BT.',''),'BINTI',''),'A/L',''),'A/P',''),' ',''),'!',''),'@',''),',',''),'?',''),':',''),'-',''),'$',''),'=',''),' ',''),'''',''),1,1),substring(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(upper(users.firstname),'BIN',''),'BT.',''),'BINTI',''),'A/L',''),'A/P',''),' ',''),'!',''),'@',''),',',''),'?',''),':',''),'-',''),'$',''),'=',''),' ',''),'''',''),1,7))

May I know is there any way we can include the forward slash in the query. Appreciated in advance.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

concat(substring(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(upper(users.lastname),'BIN',''),'BT.',''),'BINTI',''),'A/L',''),'A/P',''),' ',''),'!',''),'@',''),',',''),'?',''),':',''),'-',''),'$',''),'=',''),' ',''),'''',''),1,1),substring(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(upper(users.firstname),'BIN',''),'BT.',''),'BINTI',''),'A/L',''),'A/P',''),' ',''),'!',''),'@',''),',',''),'?',''),':',''),'-',''),'$',''),'=',''),' ',''),'''',''),1,7))

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi Rushikesh, 

The query you share was the same as per my query, may I know have you updating anything on the query?

Thanks.

Are you getting any error ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Mah
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, 

I am getting operation not allow as below.

Mah_0-1712114633111.png

Thanks.

Please raise support ticket for same. 

Refer similar issue report in email template https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-5590

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak