Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Can employee ID be used as email template variable?

sushmita
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello, I have been referring to this guide to create a custom email template and wanted to know if emp ID can be used in the body of the template? Could not find it in the below link. 

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000622153-managing-email-templates#Managi...

Hello,

The Saviynt EIC system has disabled an account for ${user.firstname} ${user.lastname} on the ${task.endpoint.endpointname} system due to login inactivity of 90 days (or greater). Here are the details about this account:

User Name:${task.accountName}

Employee ID:*****

If you have any questions, contact the Help Desk.

Thanks,
The IAM Team

11 REPLIES 11

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Yes it can be used ${user.employeeid} 

Which email template you are trying ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

sushmita
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Trying to use the task complete action. I did not see any attribute like $(user.employeeid) in binding variables though..

sushmita_0-1675360632390.png

User attributes are exposed in task completion email

you can use ${user.employeeid} to get user employee id.

Did you face any issue with above parameter?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

sushmita
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I had checked with just $(employeeid) - let me let back to you with ${user.employeeid}.

${user.employeeid}  Should work.

Use below script in case of any binding varaible finding in email template

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "<" + "br" + ">"}}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

${user.employeeid} this parameter should give the detail. 

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

sushmita
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 Adding ${user.employeeid} did not work for me. the account get created in the target system but the email notification does not kick off. once I remove ${user.employeeid} attribute, the email gets sent. 

Hello,

The Saviynt EIC system has created an account for ${user.firstname} ${user.lastname} on the ${task.endpoint.endpointname} system. Here are the details about this account: 

User Name:${task.accountName}

Employee ID: ${user.employeeid}

If you have any questions, contact the Help Desk. 

Thanks, 
The IAM Team
---------------------------------
Adding binding variables to the body of the template did not show any results. 
${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "<" + "br" + ">"}}

${tasks?.userKey?.employeeId}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

@sushmita : I hope you have below setting enabled Email for Disable Account Task Completion

sk_0-1675779049389.png

If not can you enable and see it that works

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

sushmita
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I have not set it, but it can also be driven at endpoint level, right?

You need to enable this setting for sending notifications on disable account though you have added email template on endpoint level on disable account. Try enabling this setting

Regards,
Saathvik