Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Bypassing SSO logins to EIC

lovaa
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

We have SSO enabled in all our Saviynt environments and previously I had bookmarked the URL /ECM/login/authsaviynt which could be used to login with a local Saviynt account (with "localauthenabled=1" flag set), in case of any SSO issues, and could use this as a “break-glass” login in case emergency access needed. This was working fine prior our upgrade from v2021 to v23.4, but now I get a “403 Forbidden” error. Seems to be mixed opinions in the forums about this, with some suggestions that Saviynt may disable for some customers. Is there now a blanket-block of local logins with the recent platform versions? Will we have no way of logging in if SSO has any issues for any reason?

4 REPLIES 4

smitg
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @lovaa ,

Try /ECM/Login/authsaviynt URL in different browser or incognito window.

Thanks,
Smitha

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @lovaa ,

We can use local login even with newer version v23.

You are not able to access the local URL at all or getting this 403 error intermittently? Raise FD ticket with Saviynt, they will help you to solve this.

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

From v23.x version, bypassing the SSO is not recommended and not supported by Saviynt. Please refer to the below forum posts. Hope this helps!

Solved: SSO bypass URL - Saviynt Forums - 14900

Solved: Re: SSO Bypass from v23.3 - still possible? - Saviynt Forums - 40189

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

lovaa
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I realise that logging on locally is not recommended and as I stated we would only use this in an emergency situation if there was some issue with SSO. I have tried in various browsers and inPrivate/Incognito sessions and this error comes in each environment, so my conclusion is that Saviynt have now disabled this previously-enabled function across our environments. It would be good to have that statement officially but not sure if anyone here can give me that.