We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

SSO bypass URL

sushmita
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello,

Is there a way I can bypass SSO and login using an admin account into the environment? 

Thanks,

Sushmita 

12 REPLIES 12

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

What is use case here ?

You can login using ip for which localauthenticated flag under users for that logged in user should be true 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

sushmita
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the response. I want to see if I can login as an admin once SSO is enabled in the Saviynt instance. This is just as a backup option that a business owner requested. How do I enable the 'localauthenticated' flag from the UI? 

REST api or DB

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000521404-saviynt-enterprise-identity-clo...)

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Vinit556
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Please try following URL:

https://<saviynt instance>/ECM/login/authsaviynt

change <saviynt instance> as per your instance url.

Make sure:

1) Non SSO ID has proper SAV role

2) Run following custom query job:

Update users set localAuthEnabled=1 where username='<username>'

change <username> as per your requirement

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Hi,

For that particular user you can run following custom query :

Update users set localAuthEnabled=1 where username='<username>';

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

sushmita
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank you for all the responses, I was able to do the same. 

Bharadwaj
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi, we have similar case at our end. We have SSO enabled for our instance and we would like to enable local auth for the users. We have set localAuthEnabled=1 for the user and the user has an action Saviynt account with SAV role assigned. However, local auth is not working for the user. 

Is there anything else that we need to do, such as using an extension URL or something?

Please let us know.

sushmita
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @Bharadwaj , I checked and found out that it's not possible for the 2021 version.

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Bharadwaj , unfortunately we do not support local auth logins anymore nor we suggest it as per product team's guidelines. 

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

What are my best options to get into our EIC environment when SSO configuration not working? we have only admin credentials which we were using to get onto application and we did PO recently.

@SureshPatike - Unfortunately, there is no way we can do it for the newer versions. There can be a way to change the user's attributes via API call - but definitely ask professional services or Support to help you out there. 

This is what response got from support team. Also, they had to turn-off the SSO to use our admin credentials to use local authN.

"Best options for configuration SSO are by following the documentation for Configuring Authentication and following the information for SSO. Ensuring that you have a user with the needed privileges using SSO will allow you to login while it's enabled. As support is limited in scope with respect to implementation, please reach out to your CSM for further implementation assistance with SSO. Please follow our Troubleshooting SAML SSO in the documentation should you run into any further issues with SSO. If you're still having issues after that, then engage support and provide the details of the issue you're facing."