Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Advice needed regarding integration options

nmuzinic
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi all,

We have a requirement for a source API to POST user data to Saviynt. Although the "usual" way would be to connect to the source and GET data via an API due to clients security reasons we can't access the user data directly. The idea is for us to allow the customer to POST data (create/update user) through Saviynt API. We were wondering if anybody has similar experience, any best practice advice to follow, are there any performance issues that we might expect, a way to limit the number of requests to Saviynt API (if needed), how frequent can Saviynt API be called etc..?

Another option that is available is to get the file with user data from an SFTP server (file would be encrypted, so we would have to decrypt it not sure if that's possible or how). We've looked into the SFTP integration documentation available here (to see what are available options on the connection) and even tried to create the connection type but after enabling the Connector Microservices to view the Enhanced Connector Framework there was an error (and Get Config From Service setting is not visible as it should be):

nmuzinic_0-1701432812400.png

Same as with Saviynt API the question for SFTP is if anyone has similar experience (especially regarding file decryption), do we need Saviynt connect for this connection type, any best practice advice to follow, limitations (file type and size for download are stated in the documentation but maybe some other issues someone came across), etc..?

And finally what are your opinions from experience between these two options, which would be a better way to go?

6 REPLIES 6

nimitdave
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@nmuzinic , you can use the createUserRequest API for your requirement and attach a auto approval flow so that user will be created without any manual intervention in saviynt. Below will help you with that:

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/20052500/2s9YJeygdd#701a7a45-8977-4b39-82c5-8e7865eaf53d

nmuzinic
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @nimitdave,

We need to support create and update user requests, I'm not sure what the difference is between CreateUserRequest and CreateUser endpoint? I've tried testing CreateUserRequest through Postman but now I'm stuck on this error:

nmuzinic_0-1701692117028.png

You've mentioned "attach a auto approval flow", which parameter is that, as I didn't find it  mentioned in CreateUserRequest documentation. 

Also does this way presume that API is invoked for each user request (create or update)? Is there any way to bulk create and update users via Saviynt API, as I've said before we will not have any control over the data coming in, we can only specify the format in which we can receive data (and we have only two options, xml or json). And I'll ask again is there any best practice advice to follow (this is all I found), are there any performance issues that we might expect, a way to limit the number of requests to Saviynt API (if needed), how frequent can Saviynt API be called etc..?

Also you didn't mention the SFTP connector, does that mean that it's not supposed to be used this way?

nmuzinic
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

Any advice regarding SFTP integration? Is this possible with an encrypted json or xml file  and what can we do about the errors I've mention in my first post?

nmuzinic_0-1704790587554.png

whats error in logs

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

nmuzinic
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @rushikeshvartak 

I've attached the logs of the internal server error when I try to create a new connection type.

Please fix Microservices configuration with help of saviynt support team

Admin - Settings --> Microservices

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.