Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Workday RAAS Import Runtime

IAMbatman
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

We are fairly new to Saviynt (v23.5) and recently added a Workday RAAS connector to import about 60,000 users that is taking a little over 2 hours to complete.  This surprised us since the application we are migrating from took about 15 mins to complete. 

Can other Workday RAAS users tell me if this aligns with your environments?  Obviously there are other factors to consider in this comparison but  I’m just trying to get an idea of what “normal” is. 

6 REPLIES 6

Sivagami
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Full users import does take time.

First check the response time of your RaaS report. If it's 60k users, I would think for the system to receive response itself, it will be over 1.5 hrs and then 30 mins for Saviynt to process - Create profile, update, pre-processor queries, etc.,

Try running full users import once a day or over weekend & configure incremental imports.

Thanks,
Siva

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • What is response time from postman ?
  • Did you used preprocessor? 
    • if yes did you created index ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

@Sivagami + @rushikeshvartak  - Thanks for the response.  I'll consolidate my answers here to simplify things.  

- The file is too big for Postman but if I use Dev Tools in the browser it takes 4.9 minutes to download the file from Workday.

- My understanding is that the incremental RAAS import would only include new users and no attribute changes which is not ideal since terminations would be missed.

- We are using preprocessor (below) but no joins.  

{
"ADDITIONALTABLES": {
"USERS": "SELECT PHONENUMBER from users"
},
"COMPUTEDCOLUMNS": [
"PHONENUMBER"
],
"PREPROCESSQUERIES": [
"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET PHONENUMBER = REPLACE(PHONENUMBER, ' x8', '-')"]
}

You can have different files for different JML Operations

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Can you explain this in detail.. will we need to have different connections if we have different files?

I've been talking to the Workday team about trying to build an incremental report and we haven't had any luck.  Basically, they are telling me that we would have to calculate the incremental date for each attribute that is in the RAAS which is far from ideal.

Any details you could share on a successful implementation would be greatly appreciated.