Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Why updateUserRequest does not work for a user with a SAV Role that have /updateUserRequest ?

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello

We need use Saviynt REST API to request new user or update existing user. So we created a SAV Role for REST API Clients with all rest APIs access that needed. it including /createUserRequest and /updateUserRequest and others etc.

Although /createUserRequest works fine, the /updateUserReqeust does not work, However, if we use a user who has SAV ROLE of ROLE_ADMIN, the /updateUserRequest will work.

So my question is what additional APIs should be assigned to the role in order its members to call /updateUserRequest API successfully?

Thanks,

ALC

2 REPLIES 2

AmitM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @alc ,

Didn't notice you are asking for updating user via form and not directly. The one working for us is updating user.

You can try adding update, /api/v5/updateUser also. 

BR - Amit

If this answers your query, Please ACCEPT SOLUTION and give KUDOS.

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello Amit,

Thanks for your help. I have added /api/v5/updateUser to the SAV Role, but it still does not work. and there is not any error log from application log viewer either. so I have no way to troubleshoot it either.

Can you try there if you have access?

Thanks a not!